Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday

(Boss:  Overwrought but enjoyable.)

Yesterday, I went on a hike through the rice paddies.  My eldest son came with me.  He walked ten miles.  But the last three were very difficult for him.

Poor Jim was in tears.  "Why are you torturing me?"

I had no idea that I was torturing him.  I felt guilty.  Is ten miles too much for an eleven-year-old boy?  Beats me.  Today he only has to walk five.

I did twenty.  Usually I do thirty.  However, my back started getting stiff.  Perhaps I'm too old for all that exercise.  Yet I feel fine this morning.

The Dragon Lady called me several times.  She was very excited because she'd found several cans of Hormel turkey chili at Homeplus.  It's hard to get chili in Korea.

She made toc-terry-tong for dinner.  Toc-terry-tong is Korean chicken and potato soup.  The meal--which burned a hole in my mouth--was a little too ethnic for my taste.

I watched several episodes of Boss.  It's a show about Chicago politics.  The series is a tad overwrought.  Nevertheless, I like it.

I prayed the Our Father to the Christ God.  I paid homage while on my knees.  His will be done.

I went to bed at midnight.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 4:30 a.m.  I drank coffee.

It's Sunday.  I shall walk another ten miles before going to church.

I have a great pastor.  He's an Ivy League educated lawyer who tuned in, turned on, and dropped out.  I'll let you know how it went. 

Anyway, God bless and so long.

2 comments:

  1. Ten miles is too much if it is his 1st time. How active is he usually.

    When I start out running after a long lapse 2 or 3 miles is a lot. I end up walking.

    Atrophy starts after 72 hours. It would be better to walks 3 miles at a time 3 times a week then 10 all at once.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.