Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thursday

(E-Mart:  Talk about bedlam!)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady served spare ribs for dinner.  We also had egg rolls smothered in chili sauce.  The meal was quite tasty.  I ate a lot.  I even gnawed the bones.  I'm a carnivore at heart.

Alcatraz came on.  The series is pretty stupid.  Nevertheless, I enjoy it.  Jim likes the show, too.  My family isn't sophisticated.  We're as common as dirt.

I watched a movie called Abraham.  The film stars Richard Harris in the title role.  Barbara Hershey plays Sarah.  It's three hours long.  Nevertheless, I didn't fall asleep.  So it must have been good.

I prayed to the Christ God.  I said the Our Father on bended knees.  Here's the truth.  If you ask Jesus to enter your life, the Holy Spirit will appear and kick you right in the nuts.  I kid you not.  The rabbi is that powerful.

I went to bed at 4 a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 9 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the newspaper.

The Los Angeles Clippers recently won their 14th straight game.  I never watch American sports anymore.  I really miss football.  I support the Saints and LSU.

The weather is freezing.  In fact, it's so cold that I decided not to walk for pumpkin pie.  Tomorrow is supposed to be mild.  I'll exercise then.

It's now 2:14 p.m.  I'm currently enjoying a film called Joseph.  The movie features Ben Kingsley and Martin Landau.  Both are superb actors.

The Dragon Lady just got back from E-Mart.  She bought a lot of Korean beef.  Tonight we shall have an indoor barbecue.

Anyway, I'll talk to you later.  God bless. 

12 comments:

  1. Stating the obvious but its been stupidly cold recently..James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you, James.

      Hope you had a nice Christmas.

      Stay warm.

      Delete
  2. Does your wife use the Korean beef to make bulgogi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you like Korean food?

      Are you a bulgogi guy?

      Have you tried kalbi tong?

      It's good.

      Delete
  3. I don't know much about Korean cuisine but I am really interested in bulgogi because I saw a great clip on Youtube where this lady demonstrates how to make it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNYCBRcnU9w

    It looks simple enough to try and I think I will do just that, even though I don't like to cook anything more complicated than heating up a can of chili. I will try it and get back to you and let you know if it turned out in any edible form. In the meantime I really enjoy your blog and your stories about living in Korea. (I watch a lot of Korean movies on YouTube too - there are many complete movies, with English subtitles. I love Korean cinema).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it went.

      And thanks for the post.

      Delete
  4. If you think E-Mart is crowded, try waiting in line at Lotte World some time. It's unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to Lotte World.

      Never again.

      Delete
  5. Hi Smith,
    I really enjoy anonymously peering into your life. I also appreciate your "no-nonsense" Christian voice. Most Christians in the US are shy to ever admit to it in public. We're dumb like that these days. How long have you been gone from here?
    Two questions for you, is bibimbap a common dish there? I have a favorite restaurant here (that I cannot walk to) that serves it and I think it is delicious!
    Second, what kind of work do you do? Just curious.
    God bless you,
    -CF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you, Carter.

      Bibimbap is very common.

      First, it's affordable. You can get a bowl for about 4 bucks.

      Secondly, Asians adore rice. Go figure.

      Thanks for the comment, Carter.

      Have a great New Year.

      Delete
  6. Mista Smith, you're back!!! Good to hear from you again. Hope the family is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, everybody's great.

      Have a great new year.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.