Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday

(Joe Pesci in Goodfellas.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady drove to Pusan.  She took the Children of the Rice to see their Korean grandma.  They plan to visit a water park later this week.  It's the middle of winter.  I don't get it.

I made bacon and eggs for dinner.  The meal sucked.  I'm not a very good cook.  I just don't possess the patience required to fry and bake food.  My demons have demons.

I watched Goodfellas.  The movie is a true work of art.  Joe Pesci won an Oscar for his performance as a deranged gangster.  He's funny and scary at the same time.  Pesci's a talented guy.

Unforgiven came next.  Clint Eastwood plays a psychopath named William Muny.  Gene Hackman is magnificent as Little Bill, a sadistic sheriff who enjoys spilling blood. 

Unforgiven is Eastwood's best film.  And that's saying a lot.  Clint is a national treasure.  The man's a genius.

I prayed to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  I refuse to babble like a pagan.

I went to bed.  I didn't dream.  I woke up and made coffee.  Then I read the paper.  There was another school shooting.  A student in California got blasted with a shotgun.  He's still alive.

I turned on Fox News.  Hannity discussed gun control with disgruntled pistol-packing New Yorkers.  I feel their pain.  I'm a big fan of the 2nd Amendment, too.

It's 3:33 p.m.  I'm currently viewing On the Record.  I shall spend the rest of the day relaxing on my sofa.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that Hannity program you were talking about. I don't usually like watching Hannity because he can be such a dick, but that particular show was an exception. I think it's a disturbing thing what that newspaper did, to publish a list of registered gun owners, for reasons that don't make any logical sense. I think that is really a case of the press overstepping its bounds.

    It's gonna' end up where people who want a gun for self or home protection are gonna' have to acquire one illegally, just to preserve their privacy from the newspaper. I can see an underground weapons black market springing up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe in the right to bear arms. But I don't own any guns. I'm afraid my wife would shoot me. No kidding.

      Peace.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.