Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday

(President Obama:  The joke's on us.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady made steak and French fries for dinner.  She cooked the vittles in our fabulous Phillips air-fryer.  What a wonderful machine.  I highly recommend it.  The food tasted great--especially the fries.  Nice and hot and crispy.

I watched several episodes of Supernatural.  Perhaps I'm retarded.  Nevertheless, I love the show.  My favorite character is Cass.  Human behavior often leaves him confused.  Great stuff.

I'm currently enjoying season five of The Sopranos.  Carmella is sick and tired of Tony's evil ways.  So she's filing for divorce.  Steve Buscemi and Robert Loggia are the new guest stars.  I very much enjoy the work of both actors.  They're real pros.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  And why not?  I refuse to live my life like some type of filthy misanthrope.

I went to sleep at 11 p.m.  I had a strange dream.  I was standing on a castle wall with a bunch of strangers.  A large army was coming to slaughter us.  However, I felt no sense of panic.  We calmly had our arms around each others' shoulders.  And we sang loudly while preparing for war.

I woke up at 8 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper.  Cabbies in Seoul often rip tourists off.  The city is now offering a 500 dollar reward for each swindler brought to justice.  There's no tipping in Korea.  Taxi drivers don't make much money.

I turned on Fox News.  Obama is now allowed to kill expatriate Americans without a trial.  No kidding.  He simply has to believe the citizen in question is a terrorist.  Pat Buchanan says the president is full of shit.  So do I.

It's 12:50 p.m.  The Dragon Lady is shopping at E-Mart.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

6 comments:

  1. It's not just expat Americans that Obama can kill. The wording of his "legal opinion" (i.e. "weasel words by guys who Obama hired to say 'Whatever our boss is doing is A-OK with us!'") is so broad that it would justify killing any American anywhere. Just say they're an "imminent threat" because they're aligned with "al Qaeda or associated forces." It's even further than Bush II and realPresident Cheney went with John Yoo providing legal sophistry for their torture program.

    Some people on the Left (like me) are revolted by what President Droney is doing. Others on mainstream leftie blogs, and that turd comedian Bill Maher, are perfectly fine with the killing as long as it's being ordered by someone with a "D" after his name. Let's see how they feel when President Christie or Rubio is using that power.

    There was a story that came out that in mid-2012 Prez. Hopey was trying to pre-emptively limit the presidentiking's killing power when it looked like there was a chance that Rmoney might win. Tie the potential new guy's hands pre-emptively. As if anything done with the stroke of a pen can't be undone with another pen-stroke. But Debt Brother Zero got back in, and the legal justification for powers that Anglo Empire kings (supposedly) haven't had since the Magna Carta keeps weaseling on.

    But we expats, and all other Americans, have nothing to fear as long as we do nothing to challenge the system. We are ants. The elephants don't care how we squiggle with our sexual politics, drug abuse and other personal affairs. We're allowed to peep-peep-peep with our tiny voices on blogs like ZH. Doing nothing means we're acquiescing to whatever The System wants.

    When I see what happened to people who successfuly thwart the system, like Aaron Swartz did with his Internet freedom activism campaign that got him hounded into suicide, it makes me decide I'd rather lay low, go with the flow of a tsunami that I can't stop anyway. Better to duck and dodge and live a good life than stand and fight and get slaughtered. I think often of the fable of the willow and the oak tree. (If you don't know it, quick summary: mighty oak stands against the powerful storm and gets blown over; spindly willow blows with the wind and survives.) I will be the willow, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a small man living in an immense universe.

      I have no idea how to fight the system.

      I'm just happy that I still have all my hair.

      Delete
  2. P.S. Mr. Smith -- I see you have attracted some H8rz. Must be Zerohedge misanthropes enraged by your humanistic comments when you're whoring the blog. You're trolling for the banhammer again, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guy in the morning--your time--is ban happy.

      The other guys don't seem to care much.

      Let's see what happens.

      Delete
  3. Your strange dream you spoke of intrigues me, Smith. Could it be a subconscious reflection on the growing hostilities in the region, not least of which are heightened tensions between N. and S. Korea? I was just reading elsewhere about how S. Korea may be mulling the possibility of a pre-emptive strike on the North to neutralize the nuclear threat. I'm worried for your safety, bro. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really worry about regional conflict.

      I'm not that bright.

      I'm just a stressful guy. So I have a lot of screwed up dreams.

      Thanks, Eric.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.