Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday

(The Sopranos:  Adrianna is talking to the government.)

Yesterday, I hiked ten miles through the rice paddies.  Exercise is great stress relief.  I'm a reformed smoker.  And I still miss my cigarettes from time to time.  But I have to admit the truth.  I feel much better.

The Dragon Lady served beef and French fries for dinner.  She used too much spice.  Yet I didn't complain.  I just smiled and ate my vittles.  Poor old Smith is a marvelous man.

I watched The Sopranos.  I'm currently enjoying season five.  Adrianna is in bed with the government.  So I'm guessing that Tony will eventually have her clipped.  Steve Buscemi is doing a fine job.  His character has fallen off the horse.  He's back to his murderous ways. 

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  I refuse to babble like a pagan.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 8 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper.  The Celtics might trade Kevin Garnett to the Clippers.  I've never seen Garnett give less than 100 percent in any game.  His intensity level is truly off the charts.  This deal could help both teams.

I turned on Fox News.  South African Oscar Pistorius stands accused of murdering his girlfriend.  He shot her several times with a pistol.  When police arrived on the scene, he was giving the corpse mouth to mouth resuscitation.  What a senseless waste of life.

It's 6:20 p.m.  I caught a terrible cold.  I feel like shit.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

4 comments:

  1. The Oscar Pistorius incident is surreal. I just hope that the investigators in the case can unearth enough evidence to convince the judge and the public of what actually happened - either way. It's horrible for the family to lose their daughter in such a manner, never mind a wishy washy outcome with Pistorius released and never knowing if justice was served.

    If he killed her outright, with intent, which is how it appears at the moment, he has to go to prison. But, I have a feeling he'll get off, in any case, because he is being judged in a country that put him on a pedestal.

    According to what I've read about the man and the opinions expressed recently by those who know him, there are two sides to Oscar Pistorius. One charmed the lovely Reeva and the other murdered her in a fit of rage, subconsciously thinking he is allowed to do anything without consequence because he is better than us mere mortals and above the law that rules the rest of us.

    The mistaken intruder story he apparently gave the police just doesn't make sense at present. It will be interesting to see what they come up with next. Human nature is a fascinating, yet terrifying, thing.

    Take care of your cold. Ask your lovely lady to make you some chicken soup. Peace to you brother Smith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men and women have been killing each other since we crawled out of the slime.

      For some reason, we just don't get along.

      Go figure.

      Delete
  2. ginger tea helps. Jay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.