Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday

(Chris Kyle:  The American Sniper was gunned down at a shooting range.)

Yesterday, I hiked ten miles through the rice paddies.  I had a good time.  I enjoy exercise.  It helps cut my stress level.  Poor old Smith is an anxious sensitive boy.  I worry constantly.  My demons have demons.

I took the family to church.  Driving on the peninsula is ridiculous.  I said the f-word over and over again.  Koreans must not be allowed to purchase cars.  Instead, each family should be issued a horse and buggy.  So let it be written, so let it be done.

The sermon was outstanding.  We focused on Mark 16.  My pastor is a card-carrying member of the Ivy League Mafia.  He graduated from Yale.  But I don't hold his education against him.  I'm marvelous that way.

We went to McDonald's for dinner.  I had a Quarterpounder with French fries while the Children of the Rice enjoyed McNuggets.  The Dragon Lady didn't eat.  She doesn't like fast food.

I was mean to my eldest son Jim.  I want my children to excel in math and science.  I also want them fluent in two languages.  Jim speaks Korean well.  But his writing and reading skills are weak.

I said, "That's OK, son.  Not everyone's cut out for college.  There's a great future for you in the military."

He said, "You suck."

Jim's right.  I do suck.  I certainly don't want to be one of those fathers who tortures his children.  But I expect results.  Plain and simple.

We returned to our Soviet-style concrete tenement.  I couldn't find a parking spot.  So I had to drive to the second floor of the underground garage.

I watched a Die Hard marathon on the Super Action Channel.  What great movies.  Bruce Willis is an entertaining guy.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  I believe in the good news of the resurrection.  Jesus defeated death and sin.

I went to bed at 9 p.m.  I had a nightmare.  I screamed several times in my sleep.  I woke up at 5 a.m.

I drank coffee and read the paper.  Six U.S. soldiers were arrested for sexually harassing a 20-year-old woman on the subway.  Those guys are going to get burned.  Koreans hate Americans.  And they have a lot of power under the current SOFA agreement.  Good luck getting a fair trial. 

I turned on Fox News.  Chris Kyle, a talented sniper, was a member of the Navy Seals.  He had 150 confirmed kills.  That's a lot of blood.  He was also famous for supposedly kicking Jesse Ventura's ass.  Klye was murdered at a shooting range by a Marine with PTSD.  Even tough guys don't last forever.

It's currently 7:30 p.m.  I'll try to watch the Super Bowl.  Go Ravens.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

4 comments:

  1. I don't buy the "kicked Jesse Ventura's ass" story. I don't recall all of the specifics of why I call BS on this, and I can't be bothered to Oogle for it. But Jesse denies it, there were no witnesses until some sketchy supporting accounts came out following Kyle's PR on Fox News, and the supposed event went unnoticed at the time it allegedly happened. Plus I don't think Jesse would just let himself get punched and not retaliate. The guy's a bull. I'd vote for him for Preznit, leftie though I am. He's like Ron Paul with balls, Alex Jones with sanity. I read his authbiography back when he was governor of Minnesota, and as right-wing and militaristic as Ventura is, he strikes me as a real man, not a poseur. I'd rather have an honest, right-wingish libertarian than a fake liberal like Hopey.

    As for Kyle, how fitting an ending. Live by the gun, die by it. Karma is not instant, but if you spend enough time around guns and people who shoot other people, odds are that some shooting is going to happen to your azz. That's all karma really is, mathematical odds in action. If you live a life of doing good things, the odds are that good things will happen to you, because your time is spent in good activity. Not 100% correlation, but odds-on, eh? And if you devote time and energy to gun-slinging...

    What happened with this PTSD soldier turning murderer is one of many things I fear for the U.S. How many millions of individuals have cycled through the Wars of Empire in Iraq, Afghanistan and the unannounced dirty secret military actions the U.S. has conducted all over? I'm including the CIA guys, Special Ops of various kinds, the mercenaries working for Blackwater, etc. What percentage of these guys have been terribly bent in their minds by what they've done and seen? There must be thousands who will snap and kill like the suspect in this case did. Mostly they'll shoot their wives or children or other relatives/neighbours who have pissed them off, but there will be many who massacre "outside the family" as it were.

    And don't get me started on all the ex-military/mercenaries who will return to their jobs on police forces, as prison guards, etc. after getting their souls chilled by the routine torture and abuse of AfghanIraq. Many of them will unleash the same sort of brutality against Americans in their custody. nt. Along with the rant about suicide rates amongst ex-military people. But that's wandering far afield...

    It would be bad enough if these after-the-conflict casualties came as a result of fighting a good fight, like beating back the Norks and ChiComs in the 1950s. But America's self-inflicted human time bombs came because of lies, money-grubbing and political power games. America has walked on the wrong path, and it's going to collect some karma America for what it's done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really well-written response.

      I don't know how to reply.

      I'm not that smart.

      No kidding.

      I had a hard time just sitting through Lincoln.

      Keep 'em coming.

      Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I'm not that smart either. I just have a good memory (in spite of the pot-smoking) and I'm full of opinionated bullshit. But I generally try to be polite about spouting my BS. Unlike most on ZH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those guys at Zero Hedge really get angry.

      I like to read that stuff.

      They're very passionate.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.