Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday

(Supernatural:  I'm hooked.)

Yesterday, I hiked ten miles through the rice paddies.  The weather is still brisk.  However, it's getting a little warmer outside.  The smell of Spring is definitely in the air. 

My knee hurts like a son-of-a-gun.  Perhaps I'm too old to exercise.  Screw it.  I plan to go down swinging.

I took the family to church.  Driving in Korea is crazy.  I used the f-word several times.  I can't help myself.  These Asian road warriors are driving me batty.

The sermon was aces.  My pastor is quite impressive.  We focused on Exodus 4.  The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the God of the living, not the dead.  Jesus mentions this in the Gospel of Luke while arguing with the Jewish leadership.  Many of them didn't believe in resurrection.

The family and I had beef for dinner.  Korean restaurants are a lot of fun.  You actually sit on the floor.  Good luck finding a chair.  The floors are heated.  The experience is nice and cozy on a chilly afternoon.

We returned to our concrete Soviet-style apartment.  I watched Supernatural.  Cass swallows thousands of souls.  He's now convinced that he's God.  He wants Sam and Dean to bow down and love him.  I'm must be retarded.  I can't seem to get enough of that foolish show.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  I refuse to babble like a pagan.

I went to bed at 9 p.m.  I woke up at 5 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper.  Two American soldiers were arrested in Seoul after threatening to shoot innocent Koreans with an air gun.  The guys were probably drunk.  But that won't stop the authorities from throwing their asses in prison.

I turned on Fox News.  A man in Florida was swallowed by a sinkhole.  He's as dead as a doornail.  What a pisser.

Anyway, I'll talk to you later.  God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Smith, that Army soldier incident you speak of was actually quite entertaining stuff, in a bizarre sort of way. I read more about this on Business Insider website. Apparently it was a male soldier and his wife who did the deed. He received a gunshot wound from Korean police in the process. People can read more here:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/military-car-chase-in-korea-2013-3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link.

      The story gets stranger and stranger.

      Delete
  2. The report today is that a second sinkhole appeared about a mile away from that one - in someone's backyard. It was smaller and thankfully no one was swallowed up this time but just how paranoid would that make the average person? Knowing that the ground you live on could be like swiss cheese and any moment you or your loved ones may just drop out of sight forever. It's like a horror movie. Life is stranger than fiction.

    I think it's so sad that they were unable to recover that man's body so his family could at least see him again and put him to rest in a proper manner. Yeah, the thing of nightmares. You haven't mentioned your dreams much lately, Smith. Do your demons still have demons? Or are they leaving you alone these days. I hope it's the later.

    Peace to you, brother Smith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never remember my dreams.

      I've been sleeping quite soundly.

      Peace.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.