Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday

(Joy Behar:  Who gives a flying screw?)

Yesterday, I took the family to Burger King.  The meal was good.  However, I became very grumpy.  I'm sick of smart phones.  My kids are addicted to them.  They even surf the net while munching on fast food. Bruce is only five-years-old, and he's already a video crackhead.

We returned to our Soviet-style concrete apartment.  Jim studied the Korean language for an hour.  He kept sassing his mother.  So she beat him with a wooden spoon.  I just shook my head.  The boy never learns.  If we lived in America, he'd be riding the short bus to school.

I watched Criminal Minds.  It's truly the sickest show on television.  I often fight back the urge to vomit.  A janitor kidnaps both men and women.  He drains his victims of blood and cuts off their eyelids.  Then he uses the blood to paint their portraits.  Disturbing stuff.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  I refuse to babble like a pagan.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 5 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper.  Ryu Hyun-jin isn't having a good training camp.  The high-priced pitcher seems to have lost some velocity on his fastball.  I'm not worried.  Ryu's a talented prospect.  I see great success in his future.

I turned on Fox News.  Joy Behar is leaving The View.  I don't give a flying screw.  I've never actually seen the program.  Complaining yentas grind on my nerves.

It's Saturday.  Usually I hike ten miles.  But I'm tired.  I need a break.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

5 comments:

  1. 'The View' is a show I've never watched - at least intentionally watched. I've seen snippets of it here and there, and that was enough for me. Anyway, I'd just like to mention that not only is the annoying yenta Joy Behar leaving, but apparently the conservative one, Elisabeth Hasselbeck is out of there, too. But not voluntarily. Apparently the management (whoever the hell they are) claims that viewers find Hasselbeck too conservative in her views, which grates on their precious feelings, so that means she's got to go. I only mention it because she's married to former pro football quarterback Tim Hasselbeck, who is the brother of former Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck who almost took the Seahawks to Superbowl victory.... but not quite.

    But hey, I ramble. Like you, I really don't give a flying screw.

    Speaking of flying screws, please keep us posted about events pertaining to those pesky North Koreans who keep up with the loud nuclear war threat rhetoric. Has the public been bracing for imminent war, or is it all just so much loud "fluff as usual" from the North?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. North Korea?

      Seems like the usual stuff.

      But what do I know?

      Delete
  2. Maybe parroting "Criminal Minds" IS babbling like a pagan. Just a thought. In my previous comment, I have heard the "Mary had a little lamb" just never made the Christ connection. Thanks for that. And you have touched on one of my pet peeves. Everything in this house is tech. I have a "super-computer" (The best my two computer master friends could build), everyone has a smart phone, which i refuse to pay for. I made it clear the 28 year old could pay for all that stuff (he does, probably 200 a month). If the grid collapses its going to be very quiet here. No minecraft or anarchy online. Oh the horror. Best Jay

    I don't watch tv, so i don't have much thought on whatever is on. My wife watches the asians on American Idiot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Television is getting good.

      Go tell your son to buy you a fancy tv.

      Delete
  3. Hey Smith, you are right about those smartphones. I am posting from one right now. You gotta stop watching those negative TV shows though, man. That's really bad for your state of mind. Limit your intake of fast food as well. That stuff is horrible. I wish you good health.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.