Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday

(Vikings is entertaining fare.)

Yesterday, I didn't feel like exercising.  So I stayed home and sat on the sofa.  My knee was acting up.  The rest did me good.

The Dragon Lady drove to Costco.  She returned with some great stuff.  I had a chicken sandwich for dinner.  Then I stuffed my face with walnut pie.  I washed the meal down with pretzels and Coke.  Now that's living.

The History Channel is featuring an exciting new series called Vikings.  The first episode stars Gabriel Byrne.  I enjoy his work.  He was great in The Usual Suspects.  Give the show a try. It's filled with lots and lots of violence.  One unfortunate man even gets beheaded.  Those Vikings were a naughty bunch of rowdy boys.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I refuse to live like some filthy nihilist.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had a strange dream.  I was singing in a choir with Alan Alda.  I kept taking shots of hard liquor while no one was looking.  Several people were upset with my antics.

I woke up at 6 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper.  A 52-year-old man was arrested in Seoul on charges of arson.  The suspect has a history of mental illness.  Dirt drives him crazy.  If he sees something filthy, he tries to cleanse it with fire.

I turned on Fox News.  Rand Paul's filibuster is causing quite the stir.  I can smell change in the air.  However, change and pain go together like French fries and ketchup.  So don't start getting too excited.

Anyway, I'll talk to you later.  God bless.

8 comments:

  1. my now deceased mentor told me that whenever I had a "drunk dream" my soul was in torment. All I ever dream about now is produce. (I'm a produce clerk). Lettuce turnip and pea. Ugggh.
    Best Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My soul feels OK.

      Sometimes I just get a little stressful.

      Delete
  2. Have you watched "the Bible" on the history channel? We don't get it, and it was on over at a friends house. grrrr. Best Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I saw the first installment. I liked it.

      Delete
  3. haha- the ten-mile-walking-thing didn't last long.
    achey knee, indeed!

    Fuck, i miss costco. moved to hillbilly country and all we have is sam's club. It grates that you have one in korea and i don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I walked ten miles on Sunday.

      I try to do 20 miles a week.

      Delete
  4. I think that episode 2 shows a great example of how marital disputes should be handled!!

    Great blog

    Rod in Colombia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comments, Rod.

      I'm gonna check out episode 2 tonight.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.