Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday

(Rand Paul wins the CPAC straw poll.)

Yesterday, I went to the doctor.  I'm getting old.  My eyes are wearing out.  Poor old Smith is having a hard time reading the paper.  So now I have glasses.  What a pisser.

The Dragon Lady served barbecue pork for dinner.  The meal came with Chinese mushrooms.  Good stuff.  I washed the vittles down with Pepsi.  I don't miss alcohol.  However, I'd kill my mother for a cigarette.  Sadly, I'm just a filthy junkie.

I watched Supernatural.  I love the series.  But two of my favorite characters are dead.  The show doesn't feel the same without Cass and Bobby Singer.  Maybe they'll come back.  I certainly hope to see them again. 

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty atheist.  I need a code.

I went to bed at midnight.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 9 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper. 

Korea is cracking down on online gambling.  The peninsula recently had a scandal involving a coach who was throwing games for money.  These things happen.  We're all a bunch of greedy bastards.

I turned on Fox News.  Rand Paul won the CPAC straw poll.  I don't have much faith in polls.  Rand's daddy used to always emerge victorious.  Yet Ron never came close to getting the republican nomination.

It's Sunday.  I usually hike ten miles.  But I'm viewing UFC instead.  What a load of shit.  What happened to boxing?  Is the sport dead?

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

10 comments:

  1. Smith, don't pick up another cigarette! The physical addiction part only lasts 72 hours! The rest is in your head! (yeah right). Took me a year and a half to quit wanting a cigarette, 17 years ago. Took the kids to Ski Apache for spring break, 9000 feet. I can barely breath. Wish I had never smoked a single cigarette in my life. Best Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cigarette days are over until I hit 65. Then I plan to start smoking again. I'll need a hobby when I retire.

      Delete
  2. Sorry you're saddled with lenses to read the paper but I bet you look all distinguished-like in your new specs. My father used to say "getting old isn't for sissies". And you're no sissy.

    All this sudden fondness for Ran Paul within his own party makes me wonder. I was really upset with him when he abandoned his father's campaign (it seemed) to throw his support behind Romney. Now, I'm thinking it was a calculated move to help Rand and the Paul doctrine get a foothold and gain support under the umbrella of the GOP. The party seems to be moving towards Libertarianism. Ron was trying to swing the big boat of conservatism around on a dime where Rand can take his time and bring it around in small increments if he is allowed to lead.

    While Rand is not his father and his ideas are somewhat more mainstream, he does appear to have his father's guts and determination to take on the big issues and speak truth to power. Time will tell.

    About addictions. It is said that giving up tobacco is as difficult as giving up heroine. Don't mess up what you've accomplished at this point, please. Your health is improving because you don't light up anymore. Have you tried chewing gum? Something to do besides chewing on pens?

    Still loving your writing - you always keep it real.

    Peace to you brother Smith.
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Rand Paul. He has a great chance to get the nomination. Rand's right. The republican party is old and covered in moss.

      Thanks, Sophie.

      Talk to you later.

      Delete
  3. I enjoy trampolines, mowing the grass, and reading your blog. Perhaps I'm autistic. I don't know. You never disappoint.

    Isaac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Isaac.

      Those are kind words.

      Delete
  4. Hey Smith, you answered your own question. When gambling is involved, if an event can be rigged, it will be. When there's that much money involved, crime will soon follow. UFC is for dumb pro wrestling types, so they don't much care. Boxing is still around but a lot of people figured out it is often staged so can't be taken seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love boxing as a kid. I think Pay Per View killed the sport. But what do I know?

      Peace.

      Delete
  5. Me again. I forgot to add, maybe if people would pull their heads out and realize politics is rigged too, we could finally do something about it. Curly Paul
    and his daddy are cynics looking to cash in. Libertarianism is bullshit. Those people are mini authoritarians. Anything anyone else wants from government is "big government" but anything the libertarians want is their divine right under "natural law". If we want a guy with an Afro for President, I would rather have Don King than Obama or Rand Paul. He's more honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Rand's vision on foreign policy.

      The rest is crap.

      I don't trust "unfettered" capitalists.

      They just want to screw the people.

      Peace.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.