Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday

(Happy Easter.)

Yesterday, I hiked five miles.  Then my family picked me up in our Santa Fe.  My SUV comes equipped with a diesel engine.  It purrs and shakes like an angry kitten.

A new restaurant just opened near my apartment.  The establishment serves Korean beef.  We went there for lunch.  They meal was outstanding.  Eating cow makes me happy.  Beef puts on a smile on Smith's sad face.

I watched The Hobbit in high definition on a large screen television.  The movie will go down as a classic.  Peter Jackson's film is visually stunning.  I also enjoy the dwarfs very much.  They've got a great sense of humor.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  Jesus says that you have to drink his blood and eat his flesh in order to follow him.  That's an allusion to Exodus.  (His early audience was primarily Jewish.)  He's the Lamb of God who saves us from the Angel of Death.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m.  I drank coffee and put on my hiking shoes.  I walked ten miles.  I'm currently as stiff as a board.

I took the family to church.  I said the f-word several times while driving.  Koreans have no business on the roads.  We should confiscate their cars and replace them with horses.

I have a wonderful pastor.  He graduated from an Ivy League school.  His sermons are always eloquent and poetic.  He focused on Luke 24.  Two angels give Mary Magdalene sound advice.  They tell her not to look for the living amongst the dead.  Great stuff.

Anyway, here's my Easter message to you.  You might think your life sucks ass.  But God will never forsake you.  So cheer up and keep the faith.

Peace.

6 comments:

  1. haha, cow. Bing calls beef cow also. Best, Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Korean beef is delicious.

      They ought to export it.

      Peace.

      Delete
  2. Christ is Risen - Truly He is Risen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Paschal greeting.

      Good stuff.

      Peace.

      Delete
  3. Hey Smith. The Hobbit was a lot of hack and slash. Dude with birdshit on his head was annoying. Wash your hair, dude! What happened to the scene where all the dwarves get caught in Shelob's spider web? Bilbo is supposed to save them... I give it two and seven eighths stars. It was no LOTR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree.

      It's a great movie.

      Jackson is making another two films to finish it off.

      I can't wait.

      Peace.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.