Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday

(The Walking Dead:  I'm loving the zombies.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady served pork and French fries for dinner.  The meal was good.  She cooks all our grub in the Phillips air-fryer.  There's no grease to speak of.  I'm not sure if that's healthy.  But who gives a flying screw?  We all have to die eventually.

Jim studied the Korean language with his mother.  The session didn't go well.  She beat him several times with the Spoon of Justice.  He looked to me for help.  Sadly, I had none to give.  That's life.  He needs to toughen up.

I watched The Walking Dead.  The show revolves around the idea of a zombie apocalypse.  I was never a big fan of the undead.  Poor old Smith is a recent convert.  I'm glad I saw the light.  The series is outstanding.

I paid homage to Christ.  I said the Our Father on bended knees.  Make no mistake.  We all pray to something.  You make a choice in life.  You bow to men, or you bow to God.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 5 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper.  Taxi drivers in Seoul are still overcharging foreign tourists.  Stealing is certainly wrong.  But my heart goes out to them.  It's tough to make a buck in this economy.

I turned on Fox News.  President Obama has shut down all tours of the White House.  He claims the government is out of money.  I really don't give a shit one way or the other.  Why should care?

It's nearly 3:30 p.m.  I'm beat.  I can barely keep my eyes open.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Smith, I asked JonJon (11) what he would do if Bing started hitting him with a spoon. He said she wouldn't. But she can slice flesh with her words. The 17 and 28 year old do whatever she says. I do whatever I want. I'm lucky that way. best Jay

    I can't watch all that sci-fi/horror/blah blah on tv. My grasp of reality is already very tenuous. Jesus said pray in secret. Thats what I did 28 years ago when I quit drinking. Everyone here in this small town prays very loudly, and are quick to let me know where they are going when they die. My wife and I think thats gonna be Gods business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to quite drinking but it's difficult. I want to but then again it seems that I must not. I'm glad you were able to do it. Maybe one day.

      Delete
    2. Giving up drinking isn't that hard.

      But smoking? That's a killer. I still have fond dreams about my Marlboro Reds.

      I feel like a good friend died.

      No kidding.

      Delete
  2. Poor Jim! The boy is going to start associating learning with being humiliated by a wooden spoon. I know that it's important to keep a firm hand on young boys; he's a teenager now and rebellion needs to be contained so that he knows who's in charge, but it must be tough to see him look at you for help, like man-to-man. From what I've read here, he really does look up to you. Boys always love their Mom - it's like a code or something. But fathers can fall out of favour. I don't think you have to worry about that, Smith. Your kids think you're cool as hell.

    I respect your dedication to your faith and having a blueprint, like the Bible, to steer the way. I was raised Catholic so Jesus loomed large in my upbringing but now, after a lot of soul-searching and spiritual travelling, I see him more as a guru than a saviour. He was a pure spirit in the world and his example is what I look to for guidance. I believe the golden rule, "do onto others....." is really just the law of karma, stated in humanistic terms. I have faith as you do but my prayer is meditation, the practice of kindness whenever I get the chance, and listening to the heart instead of the head whenver I can manage. Life is turmoil and we all need to find that oasis of peace to go to when things get too chaotic.

    On an entirely different note, I have to tell you that that picture of the saviour on your blog reminds me of a proctologist and he should have a glove on that hand. No disrespect intended - it's just the way my mind works.

    Peace to you brother Smith.

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture is actually Leonardo da Vinci's representation of John the Baptist.

      It's one of my favorites.

      Next week, I'll replace it with Virgin of the Rocks. You'll love it.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.