Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday

(Abraham and Isaac.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady served sweet and sour pork for dinner.  The meal was quite good.  I ate every bit.  I washed down my vittles with Coke.  A carbonated beverage cuts through the grease--which keeps poor old Smith away from the toilet.

Jim went to math class.  He studied for the full three hours.  Consequetly, he wasn't beaten with the Spoon of Justice.  Math, science, and language are very important.  I run a tight ship.

I watched The Bible.  It's a History Channel original series.  The first episode covered Abraham to Moses.  I don't hold to a literal interpretation of the Old Testament.  I view the ancient text as prophecy signaling the impending arrival of Jesus.

God saves Isaac.  He replaces the boy with a lamb.  Moses marks the Jewish doors with lamb's blood so that the Angel of Death will pass over the children of Israel.  It's all Christ.  He's the was, the is, and the will be.  See what I'm getting at?  Mary had a little lamb.  His fleece was white as snow.

I paid homage to God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  I refuse to babble like a pagan.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper.

Leonardo DiCaprio is currently visiting Seoul.  He's promoting Django Unchained.  I absolutely hate the movie.  The film is both silly and disjointed.  But what do I know?  Perhaps I'm too stupid to enjoy Tarantino.

I turned on Fox News.  The stock market's burning up.  Yet I'm skeptical.  The prices seem inflated due to an overly friendly fed chairman.  I'm probably crazy.  However, I see America going into recession this year.

It's 4:45 p.m.  I'm off to Burger King.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.       

4 comments:

  1. I have liked all of Tarantinos OTHER movies, haven't seen that one (and don't want too).

    My 11 year old is studying the origin of nursery rhymes. London Bridge is falling down, ring around the posey, etc. Wow haven't hear the Mary had a little lamb one yet. Thanks.

    Best, Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary had a little lamb.

      Mary is the mother of Jesus.

      The lamb is Christ. He's often referred to as the Lamb of God.

      Delete
  2. Smith, back to yesterdays post; I wish I had quit smoking when I quit drinking. I was already miserable enough; I probably wouldn't have noticed. But I smoked ten more years, quit under duress when my now 17 year old was born, cause I promised my wife I'd quit and didn't. Asians can scream REALLY loud. best Jay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.