Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday

(Rick Warren and his family suffer a tragedy.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady took the kids to Costco.  She goes there once a month to buy groceries.  Costco sells bulk on the cheap.  For instance, we always purchase a twenty pound bag of pretzels.  No kidding.  We love salt and starch.

My wife made me a chicken sandwich.  She served the meat on black bread.  I didn't enjoy the meal.  But I never complain.  I just smiled and ate my vittles.  I'm wonderful that way.

I watched the season finale of The Walking Dead.  I now truly love zombies.  Watching them getting decapitated is quite entertaining.  The final episode is shocking.  The governor murders most of his flock with a machine gun.  Wow.

I paid homage to Christ.  I said the Our Father on bended knees.  God became angry when the Jews told Samuel that they wanted a king.  Nevertheless, the Lord gave the nation of Israel both Saul and David.  But I don't bow at the altar of man.  Jesus is the only king I recognize.

I went to bed at 1 a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 10 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper.  A teenager in Seoul killed himself.  He was disappointed in his test grades, so he jumped off a building.  I don't understand the logic.  Why so serious?

I turned on Fox News.  Rick Warren is an American pastor.  He runs a mega-church called Saddleback.  Pastor Warren's twenty-seven-year-old son committed suicide after suffering from depression for many years.  I'll pray for him.

I'm ugly, poor, and stupid.  Yet I'm happy.  My family floats my boat.  I'd probably be a miserable self-hating prick without them.  However, my good luck will eventually end.  Nothing lasts forever.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless. 

2 comments:

  1. "But I don't bow at the altar of man. Jesus is the only king I recognize."

    I don't understand the logic here? Jesus was a man, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and no.

      It's complicated.

      Peace.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.