Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday

(We are no longer slaves to sin.)

Yesterday, I didn't eat dinner.  I loaded up on junk food instead.  I enjoyed peanuts and pretzels and ice cream.  I washed it all down with Dr. Pepper

My favorite ice cream is called Goo-Goo.  The brand isn't sold in America.  Too bad.  It's very tasty.

I watched Criminal Minds.  The series is both sick and disturbing.  The latest episode features a freak who hates the hypocrites in his hometown.  So he shoots them in the chest and cuts their heads off with a saw.  Then he places his victims' severed coconuts in a trophy case located at city hall. 

Jim didn't study.  His mother's giving him a brief vacation.  Perhaps her arm is tired from all that corporal punishment.  The Spoon of Justice can only be wielded by a woman with a strong hand.  The poor girl needs her rest.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Our Father on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm just a weak slave to sin.  And Jesus holds the key to release me from my chains.  Hosanna.

I went to bed at 1 a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 8 a.m.  I called my mother.  Today's her birthday.  She's 66-years-old. 

The old lady complains too much.  She's angry that nobody gave her a present.  But I'm her gift.  How many women are lucky enough to have a son like me?  I'm one in a million.  Talk about fortunate.

I drank coffee and read the paper.  A Korean prosecutor was sentenced to two years in prison.  He got caught trading legal favors for sex.  Even the well-educated often act stupid.  You'd think they'd know better.

I turned on Fox News.  Huckabee condemned Obama care.  Not that it matters.  Socialized medicine will eventually become the norm.  Too many people can't afford insurance.

Anyway, talk to you tomorrow.  God bless.

5 comments:

  1. You could send your Mom some flowers, Smith. It's not too late to send a bunch in repentence of not sending a gift on her birthday. Being a Mom, myself .... ouch. You can put the boys' names on the card. She would be thrilled.

    We have a family member who is notoriously cheap but loves a party. He shows up at every family party, without a gift, pours himself a drink - no shame whatsoever. His standard line is "my presence is your present." We all love him so much we let it go. He'll never change but it's okay. He really is the life of any party. He does the same for weddings and gets away with it. On the flip side, he's very generous with his time and will go out of his way to help anyone in a jam.

    Obamacare seems to be a cash grab for the insurance and drug companies with no consideration whatsoever given to the end user - the taxpaying, ordinary joe citizen. It is a burden to small business and will cost jobs. Does Obama really not see this or is he really just a shill for the corporations who benefit? I keep going from thinking he's a decent man who is doing the best he can to thinking he is a conscious willing participant in the collective screwing of the American people. I've never been so conflicted about a president before. I knew Clinton was an ass and Bush was an idiot but I had higher hopes for this man. Colour me confused where Obama is concerned.

    We have socialized medicine here in Canadah. It's far from perfect and the cost is buried in our high taxation, but no one will ever lose their home due to medical bills in the great white north. It's sort of a sacred cow here and the politicians know enough not to mess with it. When they try, the mild-mannered canucks get very ugly and vocal and lose their cool.

    I'm happy to hear that Jim and his mother have called a truce for now. Enjoy the peace while you can.

    Peace to you brother Smith.

    Sophie



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting post, Sophie. Thanks for your thoughts. I live near Seattle, and routinely visit my sister who lives in Vancouver, B.C. The Canadian health care system really interests me - especially seeing how I am now paying over 500 dollars a month (!) for my own health insurance in the States. And I've got a number of years to go, before I qualify for Medicare. "Obamacare" (or whatever the heck you want to call it) has done absolutely nothing for me. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die of excruciatingly high insurance bills before any other disease or illness actually gets me. lol

      I'm pretty disappointed in Obama, too. I saw an initial glimmer of hope early on, but now, after several years of watching Wall Street and corporations get bailed out, I fear we've all been played for dupes yet again. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

      Delete
    2. Birthdays come and go.

      She'll get over it.

      Peace.

      Delete
  2. Hey Smith. The DA here got busted driving drunk and she was on prescription pills as well.
    Exercising doesn't do any good if you eat a bad diet. That's the problem with mountain climbing. If you.quit cokes you will have more energy. You can still eat a small dessert with sugar and you will find that I'd enough. 3 or 4 pieces of chocolate works for me. That's how it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm too old for mountains.

      It's an age thing.

      Peace.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.