Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wednesday

(Dick is dead.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady served beef and French fries for dinner.  The meal was tasty.  I like starch.  Potatoes are a feel-good food.  They bring me joy.

Jim went to math class for three hours.  Then he studied Korean with his mother.  She showed him mercy.  The Spoon of Justice remained in the drawer.

My friend Dave called.  He couldn't breath.  My wife contacted a local hospital.  They sent an ambulance.  He has a severe case of pneumonia.  Keep him in your prayers.

I completed season seven of Supernatural.  The boys kill the leviathan named Dick.  I'm a little sad.  Dick is one of the best villains in the history of television.  He'll be tough to replace.

I paid homage to Christ.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I can't live my life like a sad lonely misanthrope.  I need a code.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper.  

The Korean government is going to start charging more money for cigarettes.  Naturally, the-powers-that-be are afraid that many smokers will start their own black-market operation.  Thieves don't enjoy competition.

I turned on Fox News.  A judge and his wife were brutally murdered in Texas.  They lived in a sleepy little southern town.  The Aryan Brotherhood are the primary suspects in these horrific murders.  Men have black hearts.

Anyway, it's 4:30 p.m.  I'm tired.  Plus I've run out of things to say.

I'll talk to you tomorrow.  God bless.   

6 comments:

  1. It was a district attorney and his wife that were murdered. FAUX news, hmmmm. The assistant DA was murdered a couple of months ago. New job openings! Best, Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the powers-that-be from the Aryan Brotherhood were locked up in Supermax.

      I guess the group still has juice.

      Delete
  2. Just curious, but what TV shows do your wife and kids watch? Do you only have one TV to share amongst you, or how does that work? Just curious... and no, I don't work or the Nielsen Ratings Company. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids like cartoons.

      They've got a Korean one named Jan-goo. It's a big hit over here.

      My wife likes Korean dramas and variety shows.

      I watch most of my shows on my computer.

      Peace.

      Delete
    2. Do you speak much Korean, Mr. Smith? If not, would your learning abilities be enhanced if the DL whacked you with a wooden spoon? (Not that there's anything wrong with that, if done with mutual consent, behind closed doors at a time when the kids can't hear the sounds that follow. And with a safe word in the language of your choice.)

      I read French fairly well (took language classes in primary school and a little more in college) and I can enunciate sentences with a half-decent accent (for an Anglophone, that is.) But I stink at understanding it when someone speaks French to me, which has left me at a loss all the times I've been to la vrai France. So I occasionally would watch French-language kids cartoons after we immigrated here, hoping the simplified language on them would spur my comprehension. Never got into it seriously enough to see if it made a difference, though.

      I let my ex take the big-screen when she split, because I don't care much for TV, and if I move back Down Under, the electrical system and TV broadcast signals are all different to North American tellys anyway, so a set bought here would be useless. This would have been the perfect time to go hard with the Frenchie cartoon experiment. But I can't be bothered to buy a TV just for that. And I'm saving money by not paying for cable.

      Have you given any thought to watching Korean 'toons to improve your linguistic abilities, and to relate better to what your young Un (pun on Kim Jong Un) is seeing? When my daughter was young, I usedta watch Nickelodeon sometimes so I knew which shows she was raving about. (My avatar since coming to Canada is "Dagget," one of the Angry Beavers from a mid-90s Nicktoon of that name.)

      Delete
    3. My Korean sucks.

      But I want my kids to do better than me.

      If hitting them with a spoon will get them into a good university, then I hope my wife beats the shit out of both of them.

      Peace.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.