Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday

(The Yankees sign Tanaka.)

Yesterday, I went to Burger King with the Dragon Lady and James-uh.  Bluce was at school.  We took the Santa Fe.  I quit drinking and smoking a couple years back.  And I feel much better.  However, I still have a problem with coarse language.  Sadly, Korean drivers only exacerbate this bad habit.  If I were king of the peninsula, I'd confiscate all their automobiles and make them ride horses to work.  So let it be written, so let it be done.

I had a Whopper with French fries.  I also enjoyed two orders of onion rings.  I'm really packing on the pounds.  I've got bacon grease running through my veins.  And I fear my heart shall soon explode.  Unfortunately, I won't be leaving behind a beautiful corpse.  Here's the sad truth.  I'm an unattractive lard ass who can't keep his pudgy hands away from the pretzel bowl.  So what's a boy to do?

I spent the evening at home watching The Shield.  It's a great police drama.  The protagonist is named Vic Mackey.  He's a crooked cop who has his greedy mitts in the cookie jar.  He's surrounded and protected by other crooked colleagues.  Vic and his pals have just ripped off the Armenian mafia.  They are being chased by an evil hit man who likes to cut off his victims' feet.  Good stuff.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  I refuse to go through life like some forsaken atheist or dirty nihilist.  I need a code.  What I like about Jesus is that he suffers with us.  He knows what it's like to be poor.  He knows what it's like to be hungry.  And he knows the stinging pain of humiliation and death.  Now that's service.

I went to bed at four a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 9 a.m.  I drank coffee.  Then I read the morning paper while going to the bathroom.  The New York Yankees signed a Japanese pitcher named Masahiro Tanaka.  He must be quite talented.  The organization is paying him 155 million dollars.

I turned on Fox News.  O'Reilly talked and talked about the joys of capitalism.  He said that the rich float all boats with their money.  He's probably right.  But America isn't a capitalistic society.  There seems to be an ungodly alliance between big business and government.  The profits are privatized while the smelly huddled masses are burdened with the losses.

There was also a disgusting story about 85 of the ultra-rich controlling more wealth than 3.5 billion poverty-stricken souls.  If that's capitalism, then you can shove it up your ass.  It sounds more like theft and exploitation to me.  I'm no Harvard graduate.  But I understand when someone is pissing on my leg and calling it rain.

Anyway, it's currently 11:20 p.m.  Alas, poor old Smith needs his beauty rest.  So long for now.  And God bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. "There seems to be an ungodly alliance between big business and government."

    Benito Mussolini had a name for this. He called it.... FASCISM! Under Obama, just as under Bush. Fascism and police power is the true nature of the Deep State, no matter which figureheads are in the elected offices. Charles Hugh Smith, author at the "Of Two Minds" blog (on ZH's blogroll) has written some perceptive essays on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fascism is such a harsh term. No one is getting shoved into ovens. The world is just going through some changes. Things will get better. I really believe that.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.