Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday

(Steer your sons away from the special forces.  It's just way too dangerous.)

Yesterday, I had seafood gumbo for dinner.  The Dragon Lady made it with shrimp and potatoes.  The meal was so spicy that the broth almost set my lips on fire.  But that's OK.  I like hot food.  Poor old Smith is still quite the macho stud.  In fact, I might be the most beautiful white man on the entire peninsula. All the girlies say so. 

I washed down my vittles with several glasses of Coke.  I'm no longer a beer drinker and a hell raiser.  What happened?  Age.  Plain and simple.  Now the smell of alcohol turns my stomach.  However, I do miss smoking cigarettes.  Perhaps I'll die soon.  No one lives forever.

I watched a movie called Lone Survivor.  It's about a failed SEAL mission in Afghanistan.  I had a very emotional response to the film, especially at the end when I saw the actual pictures of all the young men who were flown home in coffins to their loved ones.  I'm just sick and tired of seeing innocent American boys getting their balls shot off in foreign lands.  Sadly, the wars never seem to end.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  It's not like I'm some misguided nihilist.  Jesus is a powerhouse.  If you invite him into your life, he will kick you right in the spiritual nuts.  You shall be transformed. 

I went to bed at three a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 8 a.m.  I read the paper while going to the bathroom.  A college student in America is knowingly passing his HIV infection to his many male lovers.  The powers-that-be are charging him with countless felonies.  He'll be the loneliest man in prison.

I walked to church.  The foreign service is held in a bar/restaurant.  It's all very charismatic.  Lots of singing and hand clapping.  Unfortunately, I'm very uptight.  I wish I could let my hair down.  But I can't.  So I just pretend to hum along while gently swaying from side to side.  The theme of the sermon was forgiveness.  Forgiveness is important.  Hatred can turn into an uncontrollable cancer.

I took the Children of the Rice to go see a Disney film called Frozen.  It's about a princess who turns people into ice.  She also creates a cute talking snowman named Olaf with her special magic.  Olaf has a wonderful sense of humor.  All the ladies love him.  The end.

I yelled at my eldest son James-uh.  The kid never stops complaining.  He just jabbers away incessantly.  The boy is also a StarCraft crack-head.  I want him to go outside and play.  But he prefers getting high by pretending to destroy the universe.  So what's a daddy to do? 

It's currently 6:11 p.m.  Perhaps I'll read a novel.  Anyway, so long for now.  And God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.