Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday

(Forest Whitaker is a great actor.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady went to E-mart.  She bought a large pepperoni pizza without cheese.  I'm not a big fan of dairy.  It tasted like cardboard.  But that's OK.  I didn't complain.  I just smiled and ate my vittles.  I'm wonderful that way. 

I called my mother.  She lives on the Florida panhandle.  Mom says the weather is dreadful.  The poor old woman's ass is frozen to her folding metal chair.  She keeps herself wrapped in a blanket because she's trying to save money.  Cigarettes help with her blood circulation.  Mom lost a great deal of wealth when the real-estate market collapsed.

I began season five of The Shield.  Forest Whitaker plays an internal affairs investigator on the trail of Vic Mackey.  Forrest is a great actor.  I've seen all his movies.  I loved him in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  He portrays an extremely angry middle linebacker.  I laughed till I peed my pants.

I paid homage to Christ.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  It's not like I'm some filthy nihilist.  Never let anyone get in your way of a relationship with God.  If they do, then kick them in the nuts.  Metaphorically speaking.

Sometimes, the fundamentalists, strict Roman Catholics, and conservative evangelicals can be just as bad as the atheists and liberals.   They often unwittingly drive people away from the truth and the light. The problem?  Many Christians are terrible know-it-alls.  Each sect believes that they exclusively hold the keys to the kingdom. 

Your response should always be polite.  Just smile and nod and go about your business.  No reason to debate these jug-heads.  You'll never win.  I'm reminded of the paralyzed man who wanted to see Jesus.  Yet the crowds were too thick and he couldn't get an audience with the king.  So the man's friends actually dug a hole in the roof and lowered him down with a rope.  The lesson?  Be aggressive.  Don't take no for an answer.

I went to bed at 4 a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 11 a.m.  I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  The three major Korean networks have decided to start censoring some popular musical videos.  The powers-that-be fear that many young female singers are becoming too sexual.  It's all a bunch of nonsense.  Here's an example of a group on the hit-list.  Pretty tame if you ask me.

I turned on Fox News.  Obama delivered the state of the union address.  I didn't listen.  Perhaps I'm paranoid.  But I just don't trust my government.  The president is an accomplished liar.  He likes blowing smoke up the collective ass of the American people.

Let's close this post with a song of the day.  Here is Back in the New York Groove by Kiss.  Enjoy the music, and God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.