Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday

(The Shield is very gritty.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady brought home snacks from Dunkin Donuts.  I spent the evening shoving pastry into my fat face.  The experience was delightful.  I washed all that junk down with a gallon of Coke.  I'll be dead soon.  But that's OK.  Death is natural.  And how hard can it possibly be?  Everybody dies.  Even Jesus Christ, himself, was dead for two days before rising on the third.

I finished viewing The Shield.  Talk about depressing.  Shane murders his wife and child.  Then he blows his brains out while alone in a bathroom.  The suicide note is both sad and eloquent.  It would bring Hitler to tears.  On top of that, Vic throws Gardoki to the wolves, sending him to prison for the rest of his life.  Finally, Corrine chooses witness protection because she thinks that her husband will eventually kill her.  The Shield makes me feel like a pig wallowing in a mud puddle.  But I'm not complaining.  The dirt and grime are marvelous.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I refuse to live my life like a dirty nihilist.

I went to bed at four a.m.  I had a strange dream.  I strolled through the city streets with my wife.  Meanwhile, our pastor walked behind us.  He kept asking why we had left church early.  I couldn't give think of an answer.  So we followed him back to the Sunday service. 

I woke up at 1 p.m.  I drank some coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  The Asian Games are being held in Incheon during the month of September.  But some in the international community have threatened to boycott the event.  Why?  Koreans still eat dogs.  In fact, they prefer their canine to be cooked in a stew.  I've tried it.  Dog soup tastes horrible.  Yuck.

I turned on Fox News.  O'Reilly laughed about Russia hosting the Winter Olympics.  The water is brown.  There are bugs in the food.  The hotel rooms lack good security.  And the commodes can't handle toilet paper.  I agree with Bill.  The powers-that-be should have chosen Austria.  How Putin got them to agree on Sochi is beyond me.  He must have a golden tongue.

I spent the afternoon messing around on the Playstation.  My favorite game is NCAA Football.  The graphics are very realistic.  I have mad skills.  Poor old Smith is undefeated.  My defense is ranked number one in the country.

Well, it's time to say goodbye.  The song of the day is Meatloaf's Paradise By the Dashboard Lights.  God bless.

14 comments:

  1. Yr killin' me with this stuff. Closest thing to what I'm tryin' to do on my silly-ass blog I've found yet. Googly don't think mine'll sell neither. Found you on the comments at your zero hedge idolaters when you called 'em bitches....I follow Mike Whitney's "Grasping at Straws" that sends me there occasionally. I am one of them dreaded atheists but I feel religious beliefs should be respected. Anyhoo, thanks for your efforts, delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. They mean a lot. How's Arizona? Are there rattlers under every rock? Peace.

      Delete
    2. I guess my other reply shoulda been here, I'll figure this shizzle out someday....

      Delete
    3. No worries. Here, there. It's all the same.

      Delete
  2. Haha yeah I ate some dog here in Burnet Texas also, tasted like crap. (I was drunk). Then thirty years later here I am married and my asian wife tells me "only drunkards eat dog" (whilst not knowing I had eaten dog). Its too good....
    Guess ya'll probably aren't allowed to own a gun there in Korea?
    Love meatloaf, he's a true actor as well as a musician. There are so many versions of "Paradise...", check them out on You-Tube best jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is eating dog in Texas legal? Just wondering.

      Delete
  3. Wikipedia seems to think that the US and China lead in dog consumption (the indians and Lewis and Clark the explorers subsisted on dog). But wikipedia says only the Philippines has a law against eating dog (I have about 120 pounds of dog meat at my house). Best Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Koreans actually torture the dogs before eating them. The dog is hung, beaten, then burned. A terrible way to go.

      Delete
  4. The Arizona land mass is awesome but the folks here in central and northern small towns are mostly xenophobic racists and frightened crybabies. The rattlers are indeed under the rocks this time of year, they start crawling out of hibernation to sun themselves about now. I've run into a few out hiking, am glad they have an early warning system, No worries, you just talk respectfully to them like the Indians did and slowly back away. Every snake-bit incident I know of involved alcohol consumption by the human.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are poisonous snakes in Korea. But I don't think they can kill you. They are on the same level with a copper head.

      Delete
  5. Dude, do you work? Sounds like you're living the life over there. Love the blog! mikeb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work. But I don't like to discuss my job on a blog. My boss might take exception.

      Delete
    2. But many time you get up at 10 or 11 in the morning on a weekday.

      Delete
    3. Actually, I'll be waking up a lot earlier after this week.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.