Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday

(Ice Queen Kim Yuna Dethroned in Sochi.)

Yesterday, I took my family to a restaurant.  We had barbecue beef for dinner.  The meat was delicious.  Korean meals come with a lot of side dishes--the most famous of which is kimchi.  However, I can't touch the stuff.  Fermented cabbage smothered in hot sauce is far too ethnic for me.  But my youngest son Bluce loves it.  He's a real Asian tiger.  The boy reeks of garlic.  Good for him.

We walked back through the cold and damp to our Soviet-style concrete tenement.  I stayed up late and watched the Olympic figure skating competition.  Here on the ROK, Kim Yuna is considered a national treasure.  She's very graceful and attractive.  Plus she's filthy rich.  Surprisingly, Yuna lost the gold medal to a Russian girl named Adelina Sotnikova.  The entire peninsula is emotionally devastated.  I shit you not.

I paid homage to Christ.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  The Gospels are extremely political.  It's all about honoring God rather than Caesar.  And Jesus will get no argument from me.  Service to the state should not be a man's primary purpose in life.  In fact, extreme patriotism is nothing more than a sinful form of idolatry.  But what do I know?

I went to bed at 4 a.m.  I had a horrible nightmare.  Yet I can't remember it.  No big surprise.  After all, my demons have demons.  I woke up at 9 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. 

There was a disturbing article concerning a Maryland resident named Patrick O' Callaghan.  About a year ago, he and his wife adopted a Korean toddler with special needs.  Sadly, Patrick was arrested for beating the child to death.  We live in a cold cruel world, so hug your loved ones tightly.  Nobody knows the future.

I turned on Fox News.  An elementary school in New York is the focus of a narcotics investigation.  An empty bag of heroin was found in the faculty bathroom.  Bill O'Reilly became quite irate.  He said that 25 percent of all American teachers are a bunch of losers who should immediately be fired.  Bill's always been a hyperbolic boob.  Why people take him seriously is beyond me.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jourHere's Gimme Three Steps by Lynyrd Skynyrd.  God bless. 

8 comments:

  1. Love your blog (I find your links at Zero Hedge as well), I also love kimchi. Korea is an interesting place, they make good bearings (hah!). I went there once to visit our bearing suppliers there.

    Kim Yuna may have been judged unfairly I read somewhere. I did not see her skate, but I did read that her performance was better than the young Russian lady's was.

    My "Dragon Lady" is from Peru. Our daughter is in town, and we are watching Breaking Bad, about two methamphetamine makers. My women love the show, but they just piss me off..., making DEATH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Robert. Breaking Bad is my all-time favorite. I put it right up there with Hamlet. No kidding. The ending is fantastic. You'll love it.

      Delete
    2. If my friend Robert likes you, I think we may just be the three amigos. 😄

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the support. I should be up and running again in the near future.

      Delete
  2. I love that song.

    My mentor told me that when I have a bad nightmare, it is because my soul is in torment.

    They just said in our local paper, that 10 children died (in separate events) while in foster care last year, and this has to improve. How many deaths are acceptable? If a child died in my care, you would be watching it 24/7 in Korea...

    good to hear from you, Smith. best, Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lynyrd Skynyrd. Stevie Gaines was the best. I miss those hillbillies.

      Delete
  3. Ok. Ok. I get it. Ethnic bad. Christ good. www.zerohedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again what does your comment mean?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.