Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday

(What can I say?  I'm a fan.)

Yesterday, I had spicy pork and white rice for dinner.  The meal wasn't very good.  But I didn't complain.  I just smiled and ate my vittles like a champion.  I'm wonderful that way.  I washed the food down with several glasses of Coke. 

My diet is atrocious.  I'll be dead soon.  In fact, I can feel the Grim Reaper's eerie presence in my apartment as I write this tripe.  Yes, it won't be long till poor old Smith is singing with the angels.  I just hope they're fond of Neal Diamond.  I'm also partial to The Bee Gees.

I downloaded Helix from Kickass Torrents.  The setting for the show is a remote area in northern Greenland.  A mad Japanese scientist has set up a virus factory with the help of government funding.  His intent is to manufacture a super-soldier.  The series is quite entertaining.  The director expertly creates an ominous sense of isolation.  But perhaps I'm retarded.  Give it a try, and let me know.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I refuse to babble like a drunken pagan.

I went to bed at 3 a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 8 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  The Americans defeated the Russians in hockey.  I don't know much about the sport. 

I tried ice skating last summer.  Unfortunately, my ankles were too weak to support my considerable body weight, so I fell down over and over again.  The management actually became concerned about my health.  They helped me to a nearby bench and gave me free coffee and snacks.


I turned on Fox News.  I watched a special about President Bush the elder.  Britt Hume kept singing his praises.  However, I can't remember much about Bush's leadership.  I know he lied when it came to raising taxes.  Plus he nominated a pro-abortion justice to the Supreme Court.  And let's not forget the first war with Iraq.  Other than that, I'm drawing a blank.

I walked ten miles.  Now my tootsies hurt.  Yet sore dogs are a small price to pay for mental well-being.   Exercise is great stress relief.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Nights On Broadway by the Bee Gees.  God bless. 

8 comments:

  1. Smith, I don't often laugh out loud at a blog, but you are one funny dude! I looked at probably a dozen of your posts last night-- I had to force myself to stop. I also am a Bee Gees fan (both incarnations). Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. I'll be an unashamed Bee Gees fan till the day I die. Perhaps Night Fever will be playing at my funeral. I'll have to convince the wife. Peace.

      Delete
  2. Don't die Smith. The Children of the Rice need you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words, David. I'll do my best to hang-on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Children of the Rice ... children of the corn.

      It might seen an easy word play yet you are the first one I have seen who as come up with it. So my hat is off to you.

      I hope the Children of the Rice are brought up better than the Children of the Corn and there are no barns around where they could secretly plot.

      Terry

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Terry. I appreciate the kind words.

      Delete
  4. Hey Smith. I got the link to your blog off zerohedge. Man, I sure do get an up-lift from the reports you post. Even tho so much news is real bad these days you help me to see that it is possible not to get lost in the mix. I'm glad to be getting acquainted with you, Smith. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. God bless.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.