Saturday, February 1, 2014

Saturday

(Football great Fran Tarkenton never won a Super Bowl.)

Yesterday, I had beef and French fries for dinner.  The Dragon Lady is still in Pusan.  So I made the meal myself.  It actually tasted pretty good.  I'm a real Betty Crocker. 

I washed the vittles down with 200 ounces of beer.  Suds are expensive here in Korea.  Therefore, most of the locals prefer to drink soju--a form of very cheap vodka.  A grown man can get completely polluted for less than three dollars.

I don't like being alone.  I'm easily spooked.  I believe in ghosts.  I believe in evil spirits.  And I also believe that the flesh-eating dead wander the earth during the night.  You get the idea.  My demons have demons.  It's a wonder I haven't run amok with an axe.  But I'm only 45-years-old.  So I still have time.

I watched season five of The Shield.  The series is fascinating.  I highly recommend it.  Lemansky is on his way to Mexico.  But Kavanaugh--played brilliantly by Forest Whitaker--is trailing the disgraced police officer.  Furthermore, Vic's attractive female lawyer is slowly realizing just how vile her client is.  Does The Shield have a thesis?  I think so.  Here it is: Evil is often both hypnotic and mundane.

I paid homage to Christ.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I refuse to live my life like a dirty nihilist.  Am I a good person?  Not in a million years.  In fact, I truly suck giant ass.  Ironically, it's the knowledge of my rotten nature which forces me to reach out for God's help.  Go figure.

I went to bed at four a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 11 a.m.  I drank some coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Nine people were murdered at a wedding in Cambodia.  The bride's former boyfriend threw a hand grenade into her backyard during the nuptials.  Two of the victims were children.  She and her husband survived the attack.

I turned on Fox News.  Bill O'Reilly interviewed former Viking's quarterback Fran Tarkenton.  Fran is now 72-years-old.  He played in three Super Bowls and lost them all.  He is still haunted by his failures.  Fran said that American football is far too dangerous these days.  The helmets are used as deadly weapons.  I agree.  I love the sport.  But I'd never let The Children of the Rice play the game.

Anyway, let's end this post with the song of the day.  Here's Joe Walsh's Life of Illusion.  Enjoy the music, and God bless you all. 

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.