Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday

(Koreans love their soju.)

Yesterday, I had barbecue pork for dinner.  The meal was delicious.  My brother-in-law cooked the meat.  He owns a very large house in Pusan.  It cost him over a million dollars.  His abode is very spacious.  The structure consists of three floors.  My brother-in-law makes teeth for a living.  He then sells his wares to the dentists around town.  There appears to be a lot of money in teeth.

I drank soju with my vittles.  Soju is the best-selling alcoholic beverage in the entire world.  No kidding.  In fact, Korean men are the heaviest drinkers on the planet Earth.  I used to be able to hold my own with the locals.  But these days, I'm far too old and feeble to live my life as a drunkard.  Nevertheless, I took a couple of shots just for the sake of politeness.  Drinking with the family is extremely important here on the peninsula.  It's considered mannerly.

My mother-in-law recently bought an Audi.  I have no idea where she gets her money.  She gave me her old car.  I'm subsequently the proud owner of a Samsung SM3.  The vehicle has 150,000 kilometers on the odometer.  But that's OK.  It'll only be used for driving to and from work.  The Dragon Lady can now spend her days tooling around in our Santa Fe SUV--which is nearly paid for.

My wife's family name is Mihn.  All her people are godless pagans.  However, they certainly seem nice enough.  When I tell them that Jesus Christ was crucified and came back from the dead, they roll their eyes and laugh at me.  So what's a boy to do?  I certainly don't take their derision personally.  We're all entitled to our own opinions.

I went to bed at 11 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 9 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  The journey home was murder.  It took nearly six hours.  Koreans are horrible drivers.  If I were king of the universe, I'd confiscate their cars and give each family a horse and buggy.  So let it be written, so let it be done.

We finally arrived at 4 p.m.  I had to drag many packages up several flights of stairs.  Our Soviet-style concrete tenement doesn't have an elevator.  But I'm not complaining.  Poor old Smith needs the exercise.

I turned on Fox News.  A 47-year-old man in Florida got pissed off at a teenager.  The child was playing music too loudly.  So the guy retrieved his gun and murdered the boy.  Sometimes, you have to take a deep breath and count to ten.  I shit you not.  This whole tragedy could have been averted with a little bit of anger management.

Anyway, I'll talk to you later.  The song du jour is Creeping Death by Metallica.  God bless. 

12 comments:

  1. Welcome back Smith.
    Pleased to hear 'The Reaper' hasn't sent his snatch squad!!
    Though I'm at least a good two weeks late to the party already, (guessing the invite got lost in the post?!). Now you can count on one more toothless old punk rocker enjoying the the revival of a (semi) drunken tune time!

    How's it going with that Philips Air Fryer ??
    Looking forward to hearing more.

    Regards to you, & family... from a rain lashed, swamp filled, submerged and rapidly dissolving (dis)United kingdom.
    ...TG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you again, Tommy. The UK really got hit hard. I hope you're keeping your head above water.

      To be honest, I very much miss my teeth. Chewing has been quite difficult for the past couple of years. But,my air-fryer is still working wonders, so all is not lost..

      I sincerely hope the rain stops.

      Smith

      Delete
    2. You miss your teeth as in all of them? Did you have cancer?

      A family friend was diabetic and had a liver transplant. They pulled her teeth before the operation. Of course after the operation she would have been taking anti-rejection drugs and would have been prone to more infections. So out came the teeth.

      Ted

      Delete
    3. Married to a Buddhist. They take their religion very seriously. they live by the golden rule and if they are in a temple for sight seeing or any reason they prey.

      They just checked out a book on Buddhism 'prolly' cause they have more time outside of work and stuff.

      Vatican II said that if you are another religion you are not going to Hell. I am not Roman Catholic but I still like the Catholic church and like the 'pronouncement' of Vatican II for obvious reasons.

      Of course I tried to persuade my spouse, but it did not work. I have not tried in 7 years. So I gave up and considered the best thing I could do is live an exemplary life as possible. which means of course I will fail to hit the mark.

      Delete
    4. I still have most of my teeth. Nevertheless, I'm missing several in the back of my head, which interferes with my chewing pleasure. I never took care of my choppers in my youth. And now I'm paying the price.

      Delete
    5. I don't spend a great deal of time worrying about my personal salvation. God's gonna do what God's gonna do. I'm into Christianity for the anarchy. Praying to the Lord is better than praying to the state.

      Delete
    6. " I never took care of my choppers in my youth. And now I'm paying the price."

      You and me both. I used to crack tough pistachios with my teeth. Talk about stupid. Plus chewing ice. I could throw stones, but it would throwing stones in a glass house.

      Well at least I can tell my kids not be stupid like me.

      Delete
    7. I'm with you. I used to open beer bottles with my teeth to entertain the neighbors. The bright side? My kids are big into dental health. They've seen their dad's gray and broken choppers, so they brush three times a day.

      Delete
  2. Well, the old codger got acquitted of first degree murder, caught three attempted murder charges, possible sixty years. Go figure. Kinda like the other nut who shot someone for texting. In a movie theater with no other patrons except cops. I still can't figure out how much noise texting makes. None of these stories make sense. Kinda like I suppose the cannibal religion doesn't make sense to the pagans. This is my body you eat etc.

    When Bing and I got married, we were eating dinner one night and I asked the room what church they went too. Muslim, Mormon, Jehovah Witness, Baptist, Scientology, Bings dad had a fit and said all religions were a scam, Mom said Roman Catholic, and when queried of my religion, Bing said "he will not drink" whereupon I was proclaimed Muslim. At which time Bing became very upset, and when I pressed her why, she said you will be getting three more wives. Sheeshhh. Best, jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool with me. The guy is pushing 50, so he'll be in jail for the remainder of his life. Sounds fair. I'm against the death penalty.

      Delete
  3. That Koreans are horrible drivers line got me. King Smith assigning horses and buggy. I could see you visiting the stables. Making notes of the uglier horses. To give those to the ones that disrespect you, during the confiscation process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot begin to tell you how bad Korean drivers truly are. You'd have to see it with your own eyes.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.