Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday

(American Hustle is a lot of fun.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady made barbecue pork and French fries for dinner.  The meal was wonderful.  My family eats a lot of pig.  We also enjoy munching on potatoes.  I washed the vittles down with several glasses of Coke.  I gain weight daily.  When I die, the city will have to send a crane to remove me from my apartment.  They might also have to bring along a flatbed truck because I probably won't fit in the ambulance.

I downloaded American Hustle.  I highly recommend the movie.  Christian Bale steals the show as a grifter with a conscience.  Bradley Cooper is excellent as his nemesis.  In fact, all the performances are outstanding.  Many of us live our lives based on bullshit.  Sadly, the bullshit can get so deep that we don't even know who we are anymore.  At the end of the film, the protagonist decides to live an honest existence so that he can recover his true identity.  Good stuff.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  It's not like I'm some filthy atheist.  I went to bed at 3 a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 8 a.m. and drank a cup of coffee.  Then I read the paper while using the bathroom.

There's a 19-year-old girl in Pennsylvania suspected of killing more than twenty-two people.  Her name is Miranda Barbour.  Miranda claims that she's been a member of a homicidal satanic cult since the age of thirteen.  I don't buy her crap.  And neither does the district attorney.  He thinks she's exaggerating her crimes in order to garner media attention.

I walked to church.  The sermon was pretty good.  The speaker focused on the former prostitute Mary Magdalene.  Jesus appeared to her first after his crucifixion.  It's one of my favorite stories in the bible.  The Lord has a tendency to exalt the humble and humble the exalted.  So we need to be careful.  Humility is the best policy.

Anyway, let's enjoy the song du jour.  Here's Southern Man by Neil Young.  God bless. 

7 comments:

  1. Ok. Ok. I get it. Nights in Good. Atheism bad. You bitch. www.zerohedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time, no blog. How is Koreatown Mr Smith?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be back up and running on Monday. I've encountered some family drama, and I simply didn't have the time to post.

      Delete
    2. Hopefully, everything is alright.

      Terry

      Delete
  3. Mr. Smith, my blog article, in my attempt to imitate (flattery, but just one time) is at:

    robertmixblog.blogspot.com

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I added you to my "links" section. God bless.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.