Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thursday

(Is America a nanny state?)
 
Yesterday, I ate chicken ass and egg rolls for dinner.  I like chicken ass.  It's cheap.  And the meat is both tasty and chewy.  The Dragon Lady was away drinking coffee with her friends, so I had to prepare the meal myself.  I did a splendid job.  Perhaps I'm the chicken ass king.  Stranger things have happened.

I washed the vittles down with a gallon of Coke.  I used to enjoy drinking spirits.  But I seldom imbibe any longer.  Sadly, I'm too old.  My feeble wrinkled body can no longer tolerate copious amounts of alcohol.  The hangovers are deadly.  Aging isn't for pussies.

I downloaded Criminal Minds.  A spree killer is on the loose in Cleveland.  He's gunning down everyone connected to his wife's murder.  Unfortunately, he accidentally shoots the wrong man.  The killer can't handle the guilt of shedding innocent blood, so he turns the pistol on himself and blows his own brains out.  The end.

Vengeance is for the birds.  And hatred is a cancer that will eat you alive.  A life predicated on forgiveness is the only wise option.  Besides, what other choice do you have?  You can't kill everybody.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  It's not like I'm some filthy atheist.

I went to bed at four a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 1 p.m. and drank some coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Manny Pacquiao will square-off against Timothy Bradley on April 12th.  This will mark the second time the two men have faced each other in the ring.  Manny's decision to stage the rematch makes no sense.  It's a tough bout with little upside.  The fight will end in an uninspiring unanimous decision marked by boos and catcalls.  Mark my words.

I turned on Fox News.  O'Reilly says the United States is turning into a nanny state.  He might be right.  But let's face facts.  America's manufacturing base was shipped overseas by the fat cats.  So all those blue-collar jobs have pretty much shit the bed.  Many now work in the service sector--which often pays next to nothing.  This lack of money translates into more social services.  Makes perfect sense to me.  Is the government supposed to let everybody eat cake?

Anyway, I'll leave you with the song of the day.  Here's Uncle Remus by Frank Zappa. God bless. 

4 comments:

  1. I love Manny Pacquio. Last fight I won a hundred dollars against my wife. All the filipinas said he would lose. I said traitors. snicker. Best, Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to see Manny fight Floyd. But it will never happen.

      Delete
  2. the guy I buy my firewood from is a retired prizefighter; he's HUGE. he hates Pacquio with a passion; when you mention Pacmans name he starts foaming at the mouth and talking about what a loudmouthed, steroid using fraud he is etc. I never could manufacture that much emotion....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manny's a bad ass. Floyd is smart to duck him.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.