Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tuesday

(Jonathan Rhys Meyers plays Dracula.)

Yesterday, I ate white rice and spicy pork for dinner.  The Dragon Lady was away drinking coffee with her friends, so I cooked the meal myself.  Preparing food is a lowly task which is better left to the women.  But I did a wonderful job.  I'm a real Betty Crocker.  I washed the vittles down with a gallon of Coke.  Poor old Smith is a thirsty boy.

I downloaded Dracula.  The title role is played by British actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers.  He strolls through London pretending to be an American entrepreneur.  The crazed vampire has a duel agenda.  He wants to kill his enemies and rid the world of fossil fuel.  I kid you not.  Dracula is a greenie.  In fact, he's invented a form of clean energy.  Sounds goofy?  Well, it is.  Nevertheless, I'm giving the series my seal of approval.  The show is entertaining.

I paid homage to Christ.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  It's not like I'm some sort of filthy atheist.  An existence without God revolves around death and decay, reducing humans to biological sacks of meat.  The last thing I need is that type of darkness in my life.

I went to bed at four a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 11 a.m. and drank some coffee.  Then I read the morning paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Phillip Seymour Hoffman died of a drug overdose.  The police discovered Hoffman's lifeless corpse in his New York apartment.  It seems that the talented actor was addicted to heroin.  That's quite a monkey to have clawing at your back.   It's tough enough quitting cigarettes.  I can't imagine the hell of narcotic dependency.

I turned on Fox News.  Bill O'Reilly rambled on and on about his interview with Obama.  O'Reilly is an entertaining talk show host.  But he enjoys the smell of his own farts a little too much.  Bill's conversation with the president was far from brilliant.  In fact, it was mediocre at best.

The Dragon Lady went shopping at Homeplus.  She bought lots and lots of goodies, including chocolate and potato chips.  We live on the fourth floor of a small apartment building.  Unfortunately, our Soviet-style concrete tenement doesn't have an elevator.  So I had to lug all the groceries up the steps.  But that's OK.  A man my age needs to keep in shape.  Next I'll be running marathons.

Anyway, enjoy the song of the day.  Here's Showbiz Kids by Steely Dan.  God bless.

6 comments:

  1. I liked O'Reilly back in the day circa 2000. I don;t like him so much anymore. He runs people over in conversations. I almost yelling Bill let the other guy say a word. There is too little point counter point. Bill developed bad habits and now it is bad TV viewing.

    I remember Bill from his Inside Edition days. I can agree with him on more things than naught, but with his style he is still an embarrassment now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I insult O'Reilly a lot. Yet I watch his show as often as possible. He must be doing something right.

      Delete
  2. Well, I've done every drug in the PDR. Also quit alcohol (30 years ago) and smoking (18 years ago). Quiting smoking is the hardest thing I've ever done. Have a stack of O'reily books I've never read. Theres still time, I suppose.... best Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christ, are you ever boring. Get a job and a life you loser. You're already a pointless biological sack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to disappoint you. I'll try harder.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.