Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tuesday

(True Detective is the best show on television.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady brought home a pizza for dinner.  My boys were ravenous.  They devoured the entire pie in less than five minutes.  I only ate a couple of slices.  But I didn't complain.  I'm wonderful that way.  I just smiled and snacked on some reheated egg rolls.  I washed the food down with several glasses of Coke.

I downloaded the latest episode of True Detective.  The protagonists find two children locked away in a storage shed. They immediately murder the meth-heads responsible for the crime. One of the reprobates is actually blown in half by a landmine.  You get to see his torso flying through the air as if it were a fleshy canon ball.  Pretty cool if you ask me.  Now that's first-rate entertainment.

My eldest son James-uh is a huge fan of The Walking Dead.  He told me that the extras have to go to zombie school for a period of two years.  

I said, "Bullshit."

He said, "It's true.  Being a zombie isn't easy.  You gotta learn it in college."

The Children of the Rice are a couple of nerds.  But I couldn't be happier.  I don't have to worry about sports injuries or drug abuse. Nor is teenage pregnancy much of a concern.  James-uh is thirteen. He's certainly no chick magnet.  I just wish they were better at math.  I used to think all Asians were good with numbers. Silly me.

I paid homage to Christ.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise.  It's not like I'm some enlightened godless humanist. My raison d'etre comes from a higher power.

I went to bed at 1 a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 7 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  There was an interesting article about comfort women.  

The Japanese were some real bastards during their days of empire. In fact, many Korean females were turned into sexual slaves for the entertainment of the imperial army.  The ROK is still pissed, demanding more reparations for the surviving victims. Good luck with that.

I turned on Fox News.  The Five discussed the Netflix series House of Cards.  I watched season one.  I'm not a huge fan.  I found it to be a tad overwrought.  But I'm no Harvard graduate. Poor old Smith is probably far too stupid to appreciate the intricate nature of the show.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Night Fever by The Bee Gees.  God bless.         

10 comments:

  1. haha my Ameruasian kids are geniuses, I kid you not. Only one left is school now; if they got a 99 instead of 100 momma ripped them a new one. Turns out after all these years her grades sucked. Go figure. Best, Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very lucky. I can't get either of my kids to even open a book.

      Delete
  2. A friend of mine (true story) wants to make pies and sell them to Koreans. Do you think Koreans will go for pies? Set up shop and either wholesale or retail. Thanks



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Koreans love to eat. Your friends idea might be a big hit.

      Delete
  3. Great blog-also love how you harass the zero hedge gold idolators!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy Zerohedge. It's a great site.

      Delete
  4. had to come back and write this; my boss knows every word to every Boy George song. He's like 6'4', ex linebacker. Best, Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Boy George from back in the day. He had a big problem with drugs.

      Delete
  5. I very very very rarely watch a TV series. I don't know why. Dexter put the hook into me 5 minutes in and I literally watched the first 4 seasons in a couple of days locked in my study. I picked up The Sopranos about halfway through and loved it. I won't watch the early seasons because what's the point. I know how it ended. Everybody I know says I would love Breaking Bad. I watched the first episode. Didn't feel the tug. Haven't watched it since. Where am I going with this?
    True Detective is as good a show as has ever been on TV. The writing is the best I've ever heard. The bar scene where Woody and Matthew's character's are trying to flesh out their plan while Woody can't focus because he just got kicked out of the house is about as high level as it gets. The drug rob gone bad would make Scorcese envious.
    Anyway, love catching up on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Detective rocks. But I also loved Breaking Bad. American television is fantastic. Lots of talent gravitated toward the boob-tube. Who would've guessed?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.