Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday

(Helix never seems to disappoint.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady made chicken kebabs for dinner.  The meat was smothered with barbecue sauce and impaled on eight inch sticks.  My family eats a lot of poultry because beef is very expensive here in Korea.  I washed my vittles down with several glasses of Coke.  I no longer drink spirits.  I don't miss being a drunkard.  But I still often salivate at the thought of a cigarette.  Oh well. What's a boy to do?

I downloaded the latest episode of Helix.  It's an original series created by the SiFi Channel.  I'm a huge fan of the show.  The setting is a research lab located above the Arctic Circle in Greenland.  The strange Japanese project manager murders his former white lover. He strangles the pale American with a garrote. She struggles mightily, but she just doesn't have the strength to break free.  He finally cuts her head off and sticks it in a jar--which he promptly buries in the snow.  Trust me. The bitch had it coming.

I paid homage to Christ.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees. No big surprise.  I refuse to live my life like some forsaken atheist. I beg for mercy every night.  I just need another twenty years.  God can then strike me down with painful ass cancer.  He'll hear no complaints from me.  Poor old Smith is nothing but a salmon swimming upstream.

I went to bed at 9 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 5 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee. There was an interesting story in the Korea Times.  Researchers are convinced that a vaccine for AIDS has been discovered.  I shit you not.  Yet the article only got a blurb on the third page of the newspaper.  I'm somewhat confused. You'd think this would merit big headlines. Go figure.

I turned on Fox News.  Many of the republican presidential wannabes appeared at CPAC.  In fact, Rand Paul, Christ Christie, Ted Cruz, and Paul Ryan all delivered speeches to eager enthusiastic right-wing crowds.  Talk about a bunch of losers.  No wonder the conservatives keep getting their asses handed to them. America is a nation of 340 million people. Are these truly the best candidates my country has to offer?  How disappointing.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's God of Thunder by Kiss.  Have a great weekend.  And may the Lord bless you all.    

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.