Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday

(King Melchizedek blesses Abraham.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady cooked ribs for dinner.  She smothered them in tangy barbecue sauce.  The meal was delicious. I washed the vittles down with several large glasses of Coke.  My family eats a lot of pork.  Beef is very expensive here in the ROK.

I downloaded Justified.  It stars Tim Olyphant.  He used to play the sheriff in a show called Deadwood.  Olyphant has oodles and oodles of charisma.  Plus he can deftly slip back and forth between drama and comedy.  I'm surprised he never became a full-fledged movie star.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  It's not like I'm some filthy atheist. One of the strangest characters in the bible is Melchizedek.  He's mentioned in both Genesis and Hebrews.  I often wonder if this ancient king is Jesus, himself.  I tend to lean that way.  Jesus appears throughout the Old Testament.  He's just never called by his human name.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had another strange nightmare about high school.  The principal yelled at me because I didn't do well on a physics exam.  Yet I never took physics as a teenager.  Poor old Smith was far too stupid for advanced science.  I barely graduated.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Manchester United won a game in Champions League.  Everyone is surprised.  The squad isn't doing too well since Sir Alex's departure.  I don't know much about soccer.  I find the sport quite boring.

I turned on Fox News.  Strange debris has been located in the Indian Ocean.  The Australian government believes its the scant remains of Malaysian Flight 370.  The bodies will probably never be recovered.  All the passengers will end up as fish food.  Oh, well. There are worse ways to go.  For instance, ass cancer will be the death of me. Nothing poetic about that.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's My Sharona by The Knack.  God bless.  

8 comments:

  1. There's no conclusive evidence that the plane crashed. Anywhere - on land or in the sea. There are sophisticated monitoring devices that pick up the signs of such events. They have not detected any such event. The plane could have landed anywhere by now. The truth - as always - is being tweaked by the usual suspects.

    http://www.unmultimedia.org/radio/english/2014/03/vienna-treaty-body-s ays-no-malaysia-plane-explosion-detected/#.UyyWns9OXmL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be right. But what is the motive to steal a 777? It can no longer be used as a weapon. So what's the point?

      Delete
  2. yeah, no way anyone on board or any of the cargo had any value cuz anderson cooper told me so himself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anderson Cooper? I find that CNN has been very irresponsible with their conspiracy theories. They even had one nut on who said that the plane had been abducted by aliens.

      Delete
  3. @Smith, ransom? The 777 is $255 million, brand-new. 230-some hostages, maybe they are worth something to somebody, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet we've heard no ransom demands. Nor has any terrorist group claimed responsibility. I hope these folks are still alive. But my gut tells me that they're corpses are lying at the bottom of the ocean.

      Delete
  4. it's big enough to carry a big ol nuke a long long way, flying right behind and below another big airplane so its primary radar return will appear as an anomaly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I respect your opinion. Nevertheless, I think you're reaching.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.