Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday

(Saul Alvarez is a bad ass.)

Yesterday, I walked to church.  It was a five mile jaunt.  But I'm not complaining. I need the exercise.  Poor old Smith is a fat man with a pot belly and corroded choppers.  I'm a mess.  When I look at myself naked in the mirror, I often cry like a woman.  Perhaps I should join a gym.  Sadly, however, I can't see the point.  It's a losing battle.  I'd rather eat pretzels.   

The Sunday service is held in a bar/restaurant.  We tend to sing a lot.  A bearded dude from Texas strums the guitar while his wife croons the hymns.  We also have a bongo player and a keyboardist. It's all very hip and contemporary.  I'm an uptight aging white guy. So I just mouth the words and pretend to dance. Nobody seems to notice my lack of enthusiasm.

I took the family to a restaurant for pizza.  The food was quite good. The Children of the Rice eat a lot of grub.  The amount of money I spend on vittles is atrocious.  Talk about scary.  We don't have two nickels to rub together.  In fact, I might have to sell my pretty ass in order to cover the monthly nut.  Times are that hard.

We went to the cinema and watched Twelve Years a Slave.  What a depressing film.  The Dragon Lady couldn't stop sobbing.  The protagonist is beaten, hanged, ridiculed, and then beaten some more just for kicks. One of his lady friends is separated from her children. Another of his lady friends is whipped within an inch of her life over a bar of soap.  The theme of the movie?  White people suck giant ass.

We returned to our Soviet-style concrete tenement.  I downloaded the Canelo Alvarez fight.  Alvarez spent ten rounds beating the living shit out of a fighter named Alfredo Angulo.  I really thought he was going to end up killing the guy.  Thankfully, the ref stopped the bout before Angulo was seriously injured.  The crowd booed.  

Anyway, it's time for the song of the day.  Here's Mr. Crowley by Ozzy Osbourne.  God bless.

19 comments:

  1. Hey, you've got talent. Thanks for your blog. You sound hard on yerself. I know times are tough. Don't make it harder by being hard on yourself.
    Coming from one who should know...CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing OK. I'm living larege off my blubber. Peace.

      Delete
  2. Your drab existence makes me feel better about my drab existence ! Thanks for that and for letting me get back on ZH to spew my vicious rayciss humour ! Monedas 1929 Comedy Jihad Word Tour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I was there to help you out. Peace.

      Delete
    2. Monedas! Where you been man? I always gave you green arrows. Peace be with you and keep the water under your boat.

      Delete
  3. how the fuck is this angry sinner? sounds like a total douche bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Proof once again that the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. As if we could kill time without injuring eternity. Thanks again for showing me it's about the simple things in life, church, family, and community that really matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Glad I could help.

      Delete
  5. Mr. Crowley is about Aleister Crowley

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

    Example to satanists all over the world. Better you pray some extra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a puritan. So I don't get all hot and bothered about music or art.

      Delete
  6. well, three of my neighbors just got arrested for holding a women hostage for a year and beating her. Things could be worse. best, Jay (we knew SOMETHING was going on there, apparently the cops have been watching for a while...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's crazy. This is a sick world.

      Delete
  7. You left out "I paid homage to the Christ God.....". It's the best bits. It doesn't read the same without this bits. Humpf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr. Smith I really enjoy your blog, I note that two of my ZH friends up above do as well. May our Lord (through Jay, who sent me a book that may save my life) be with you.

    I wrote a blog piece of my own in your honor. Really, it is a tribute to you. Your personal stories and sincerity shine through here. I´ll drop off the link in another comment (then delete it, though you will still get the link via email).

    The rest of you can just track down my blog on your own. I don´t hide it. Don´t like that? Too bad. I don´t care.

    Hola, Monedas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Living in Korea is a nightmare. Get out, the place will drive you insane. Life is still worth living, but that's probably only a distant memory in your mind by now. E Mart-uh number one! Korea best! Your mistake was getting married. Look back, it was all downhill from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that bad. I'm maintaining.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.