Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saturday

(Gregory Peck was such an awesome actor.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady made shrimp fajitas for dinner.  The meal was very good.  My wife is the shrimp fajita queen.  I truly believe that seafood is her specialty.  I washed it all down with several glasses of Coke.  My choppers are falling apart due to the sugar in my diet.  But a man must have some pleasures in life. I've given up booze and cigarettes.  Am I supposed to deny my sweet-tooth, also?  I think not.

I watched The Boys From Brazil.  The movie is based on a novel by Ira Levin.  He's the same writer who gave us Rosemary's Baby. Sir Laurence Olivier plays a Nazi hunter who discovers that Adolf Hitler has been cloned nearly one hundred times.  Gregory Peck is wonderful as the maniacal Dr. Joseph Mengele.  Peck might be the most underrated performer in the history of the universe.  People don't realize how gifted the man truly was.  He could play either the hero or the heavy with flawless precision.  Not many actors can pull that off.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  It's not like I'm some filthy nihilist. John used the Jordan River to baptize his followers.  Twelve hundred years earlier, Joshua had led the Jews into the Promised Land by crossing that same body of water. He then slaughtered every pagan he could get his hands on, killing men, women, and children quite mercilessly.  Even the animals were put to the sword. John made a lot of people nervous with his pointed use of symbolism.  So Herod had the prophet beheaded.  I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.

I went to bed at 9:30 p.m.  I slept like a log.  I woke up at 8 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  There was an interesting story in the newspaper about a child who accidentally killed his younger brother with a pistol.  The unfortunate boy found his dad's gun.  He didn't think it was real. Now an innocent 8-year-old is dead.  I believe in the 2nd Amendment. But I don't own a weapon.  I'm convinced that my wife would eventually use it to murder me in cold blood.  Better safe than sorry.

I turned on Fox News.  Bill O'Reilly took the day off.  He was replaced by Laura Ingraham.  I'm not her biggest fan.  She reminds me of an angry pilgrim.  Laura interviewed Geraldo.  He believes that marijuana should be legal.  I agree.  Let's legalize all narcotics. Prohibition doesn't work.  If some moron wants to be a heroin addict, then what's it to me?  In fact, give him his junk for free. Free smack is cheaper than prison, and he won't have to steal my television set in order to buy his dope.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's I Know What I Like by Genesis.  God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You wanna know the truth? I agree with you completely. I have no idea why some people enjoy reading this piece of garbage. There's no accounting for taste. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. Not true, it's the best!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the kind words. But I'm siding with Josh. I'm a hack.

      Delete
    4. Your blog posts are written in a set format like a church service.

      Delete
    5. Yeah, it's pretty much just a formula. I start with food. Then I go with entertainment. Then comes prayer. And finally news from Korea and the world. Peace.

      Delete
  2. Democratic KindelingMarch 12, 2014 at 12:05 AM

    I'm with you on the free smack... this fekkin 'war on drugs' is insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been fighting this battle forever. Time to raise the white flag.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.