Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday

(Madds Mikkelson and Larry Fishburne duke it out.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady went shopping at E-Mart.  She brought home two pepperoni pizzas in large cardboard boxes.  The meal was quite good.  I love eating junk.  I washed down my vittles with several glasses of Coke.  I'll be dead soon.  A stroke will eventually take me out.  I just hope the experience isn't too unpleasant.  I don't enjoy pain.  It hurts like a bitch.

I downloaded Hannibal.  The latest episode features a great fight between Madds Mikkelson and Larry Fishburne.  I used to think that Anthony Hopkins was the authentic Dr. Lecter.  Not anymore.  Mikkelson is amazing.  Sir Anthony doesn't even rate a close second.  The strange-looking Dane is the creepiest guy on television.  He reminds me of Bram Stoker.  He's that talented.  Now listen to me closely.  I'm about to tell you the honest truth.  Anyone who refuses to watch this show is a pathetic fag.  Case closed.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I refuse to live my life like a filthy atheist.  But don't get me wrong.  I'm not one of those Christians who condemns homosexuals.  Nor do I rant and rave about the planet being six thousand years old.  However, I shed no tears when the occasional abortionist gets murdered.  I believe there's an ongoing holocaust against unborn children.  Perhaps I'm a Neanderthal.  I truly don't know. 

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Paul McCartney might be coming to Korea.  The powers-that-be are trying to convince Sir Paul to play a gig in Seoul.  I'm a huge Beatles fan.  My favorite album is Sergeant Pepper.  It changed the entire world.  Yet I absolutely hate rock concerts.  I had a bad experience years ago at a Metallica show when some teenager broke my nose with the back of his head.  I'll be staying home, thank you very much.

I turned on Fox News.  Rand Paul won the CPAC straw poll.  Big deal.  The Kentucky senator has zero chance of garnering the 2016 republican presidential nomination. There's something cruel about unfettered capitalism.  The notion sounds great on paper.  But if you left the world to Rand and Ron, losers like me would all go hungry.  I believe in food stamps for the needy and national healthcare for everybody.  Poor old Smith is a dirty communist.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Band On the Run by Paul McCartney.  God bless.  

11 comments:

  1. Smith, I ALWAYS get a kick out of your posts. It just so happens that Rand Paul is my senator, and I agree that he has zero chance of being nominated. We'll get some squishy slimy "conservative" like McCain or Christie. Yuck. I'm leaning heavily toward thinking that the fix is in anyway. No one who isn't bought and paid for is going to win the presidency anyway. Poor old Smith. Communism? Yeah, that's worked out real well for so many millions. Oh, and I wouldn't worry too much about a mosh pit mishap at a Sir Paul concert, more likely an overenthusiastic flower child clocking you whilst waving their walker or cane. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, brother. I love Kentucky. It's the most underrated state in the union. Are you a Hatfield or a McCoy? Just joking. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never seem to dream. Try an extra blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably dream. However, I can never remember.

      Delete
  4. It's good though. I'm reading everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

      Delete
  5. Smith,

    The reason you can't scrape two nickels together is because of the economic policies you support. Ron Paul sacrificed himself over the last 30 years in an effort to set you free. Maybe if he parted the Red Sea you'd listen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got nothing against Ronnie and Rand--except for the fact that they are filthy idolaters. I don't pray to gold. Never have, never will.

      Delete
    2. They don't pray to gold either. They buy it to protect their purchasing power from inflation. There is a difference between worshiping something and buying something. If someone tried to stab me and I used a shield to protect myself, I wouldn't say I was worshiping the shield.

      Delete
  6. Where will you go when you die?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My luck? Probably the darkest regions of hell. But it comes down to God's will. So what's a boy to do?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.