Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tuesday

(My family eats a lot of pork.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady made pork and French fries for dinner. The meal was delicious.  My family eats a lot of pig.  We're also quite fond of chicken.  I washed the vittles down with a gallon of cola. My choppers are in terrible disrepair.  I fear I'm destined to become a toothless hillbilly.

I turned on the television.  I have a 42 inch LG.  It's five years old. A Harrison Ford movie was on the tube.  He plays a cowboy whose son is stolen by aliens.  He goes to war against an entire space-ship in order to reclaim the boy.  The title of the film alludes me.  I'm drawing a blank.  But I will say this.  Harrison Ford is getting old. He looks like a grandfather.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy atheist. Poor old Smith needs a code.  I'd never make it as a secular humanist. Life's too much of a kick in the nuts to believe it's all for nothing.  If that's the case, then just shoot me.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had a nightmare about a former boss I had back in New Orleans when I was a teenager.  In the dream, he wanted to beat me up for calling him a bad name.  

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  President Bush is in Seoul.  He says the North Korean leadership is evil.  He's right. But Bush is no saint.  He's the one who sent good American boys to die in Iraq under false pretenses.  I hope his mommy's proud.  Ivy League bastard.

I turned on Fox News.  The Five talked about the conflict in the Ukraine.  They claim that Obama is a wimp.  I don't get it.  Are we supposed to start a world war with Russia?  What can the president actually do?  The Crimean Peninsula isn't worth a single drop of American blood.  Let the Euro-scum handle their own problems.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Flirting With Disaster by Molly Hatchet.  God bless. 

4 comments:

  1. The movie you watched was "Cowboys & Aliens". I generally like space westerns. It is the whole archetype that Joesph Campbell explained.

    Are we supposed to start a world war with Czechoslovakia (Russia)?
    A World War came whether we wanted it or not.

    We can try sanctions and we will find out that Russia and China working with others will freeze us out instead of the other way around. More & more countries are moving off the dollar. So by threatening Russia only with economic sanctions is a way of barking with your tail between your legs.

    An armistice is not an end to a war, but your average Joe believes that. Between the invasion of Kuwait, the WMD run around in the 1990s, the support for many different terrorists groups, Aub Nidal, Abu Abbas,& others, I think we had plenty of reason

    I also believe that Oklahoma city bombing had foreign ties. I am willing to believe Timothy McVeigh when he said "What help did I need?" (paraphrase)

    But why did Terry Nichols visit the Phillipines without his wife? To engage in a few weeks of cheap sex? He did not go to Olangopo or the Phillipines, but intio the interior. That just is so questionable.

    Terry


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our main goal is to keep out of foreign entanglements and bring the jobs back from overseas. Strangely enough, I'm very optimistic about the future. I thing Americans are starting to "get it".

      Delete
  2. Hillbilly?

    There are hills in southern Louisiana?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. We're below sea level. But why let facts get in the way?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.