Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wednesday

(Korean beef is delicious.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady prepared steak and French fries for dinner.  The meal was delicious.  Korean beef is some of the finest in the world.  Yet it remains quite the secret.  The ROK is really missing a chance to brand itself to the western world.  

I washed my vittles down with Coke.  I'm a big fan of sugary soft-drinks.  I'll probably expire in the near future.  In fact, I can hear ass cancer whispering my name at this very moment. Smith. Smith. Smith.  Oh, well.  Nobody's going to live forever.

I downloaded The Walking Dead.  The show completely jumped the shark.  Three children were murdered by other humans in this particular episode. Talk about a downer.  I have no idea what the writers were thinking.  Nobody tunes into a zombie program to witness rug-rats getting greased.  On the contrary.  We watch to escape the grim realities of our own lives for a moment or two. Those bastards harshed my buzz.  I might quit the series forever.  I shit you not.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  It's not like I'm some filthy atheist. 

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I've been quite tired lately.  Perhaps I'm coming down with some type of deadly influenza virus.  I had a dream about my late father.  He said that he'd continue to live on in my memory.  It was a nice experience.  My sleep is usually haunted by chilling nightmares.  My demons have demons.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  There was a recent Ebola outbreak in Africa.  Fifty-nine people were killed by the disease.  They died with blood leaking out of all their orifices. It can't be easy being African.  If the exotic maladies don't claim your life, then you still have the death squads and hungry lions to fret about.

I turned on Fox News.  The Five discussed the Hobby Lobby taking their contraceptive complaint to the Supreme Court.   The corporation is willing to pay the birth control tab for their employees.  However, it doesn't want to dole out money to cover the cost of the morning-after pill.  I stand on the side of the company.  The morning-after pill is abortion.  Plain and simple.  If you want to exterminate your fetus, then go sell lemonade to raise the coin.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Holiday by Nazareth. God bless.    

7 comments:

  1. I agree with your assessment on Walking Dead. Some shows we watch to escape. Killing rugrats is a real turn off. I saw previews where they showed a tank. I have not watched in of this season's shows, but when I saw the tank I just knew the writers had run out of ideals.

    It is bound to happen. I am sure writers live cloistered lives. They need to get out more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand their logic. I'm baffled.

      Delete
  2. That Ebola thing is some scary sh!t. Like Bird Flu et al, it's the kind of stuff that keeps me up at night. Or at least makes me wary of mingling with people too closely in society, because so many people travel nowadays, and come into contact with God knows what sort of contagious germs. I just want to stay home and never leave the house.

    There was a pretty good movie about twenty years ago on such a virus scenario, called "Outbreak", with Dustin Hoffman and Rene Russo. Highly recommended viewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that movie. I liked it. I'm terrified of bacteria.

      Delete
  3. http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/02/22/172595689/morning-after-pills-dont-cause-abortion-studies-say

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never let facts keep me off my soap-box. Silly mortal.

      Delete
  4. I think it's sad peeps would rather take a morning after pill when instead you just shoot it on her boobs, a lot simpler I think or better yet wrap it up , stoopid people , I only saw seasons 1 and 2 of the walking dead after that I lost interest , pretty much only watch sports on t.v. Would rather play guitar than watch the boob toob there's a reason they call it television PROGRAMMING

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.