Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday

(Jon Bones Jones is absolutely amazing.)

Yesterday, I walked five miles to church.  The journey took an hour.  I have a pot belly and a sagging ass, so I really need the exercise.  A guest from Uzbekistan delivered the sermon.  She discussed the difficulties associated with practicing Christianity in a Muslim country. 

The woman nearly put me to sleep.  Perhaps poor old Smith is being unduly harsh.  But she needs to practice her public speaking skills.  It's tough to convert the pagan hordes if you bore them to death.  A little bit of showmanship never hurt anybody.

We went to McDonald's.  I ate a Big Mac and two large orders of French fries.  The experience was delightful.  I'm a big fan of junk food.  I washed the vittles down with a large glass of Coke.  Sugary soft-drinks make my heart sing with joy.

I downloaded Saturday's matches from the UFC.  I sat absolutely transfixed while watching Jon Bones Jones kick the shit out of his latest opponent.  Have you ever seen this guy fight?  His style is nothing short of genius.  He uses every part of his body to inflict maximum pain and damage on the fragile human anatomy.  The man is truly awe-inspiring.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  It's not like I'm some filthy atheist.  I asked Jesus to protect my kids from the temptation of idolatry.  Too many people worship money.  I want The Children of the Rice to live simple happy lives.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had a dream about fishing in a deserted lake.  I stood in the water with my pole.  I can't remember if I caught anything.  

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  The Dallas Mavericks are giving the Spurs all that they can handle.  The NBA Playoffs look very exciting this year.  I miss American sports very much.  I used to be an ESPN junkie.

I turned on Fox News.  Cliven Bundy is a racist crackpot.  This news doesn't surprise me.  Nevertheless, Uncle Sam acted with the correct amount of restraint by returning his cattle.  Nobody needs to die over some unpaid grazing fees.  So let's give the devil his due.  Kudos to the Feds for not murdering anybody...on this particular occasion.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Wherever I May Roam by Metallica.  God bless. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi smith I'm glad too hear your trying to teach your young ones not to worship money your right it's far too common in my opinion. Bones jones is a great fighter no doubt about it. As far as practicing Christianity in a Muslim country, I would say all of the Abrahamic religions are a bit too much for me, I'll still I with nature, reason and a simple life, all the best smith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, John. Bones Jones is fantastic. I used to think the UFC was a red-light district sport. No longer.

      Delete
  2. No, UFC isn't a red-light district sport, not at all. It is the sport of a dying society, and a reflection of same. That is not to suggest American society is about to go the way of Pompeii, but it has transformed into a much less refined society, which can easily be seen by casual observation. Not entirely different from the Roman empire. Of course, this is not meant to diminish the talents or efforts of the fighters themselves, it is simply an observation made over a period of time - say like the better part of 40 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of those boxing matches back in the day were more savage than the UFC. But you might be right. Who am I to argue?

      Delete
  3. good for you ur gr8 luv ur blog luv it solo good it really speeks to me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.