Saturday, April 26, 2014

Saturday

(I'm a big fan of Pink Floyd.)

Yesterday, I went to a barbecue.  I ate mountains of pork and beef.  I also enjoyed scallops and sushi.  Poor old Smith stuffed his face like a true pig.  Then I washed the vittles down with several glasses of Pepsi.  I later became quite bloated and ill.  That's OK.  A man's got to have fun every once in a while. 

I watched The Big Bang Theory.  But I couldn't enjoy the show.  James-uh and the Dragon Lady were arguing yet again.  He's devastated about being forbidden to play his computer games.  And my heart goes out to him.  However, a deal is a deal.  He promised a B average, and he didn't deliver.  So what's a dad to do?

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy pagan.  I begged Jesus to go ahead and kill me as soon as possible.  I need some peace in my life.  My family's grinding me down more and more as each day passes.  Soon there will nothing left but a little nub.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had a strange dream.  I drove my car down a deserted highway.  Later, I stopped at a restaurant and ate some hash browns.  They were tasty.  The waitress yelled at me for leaving a tip that was too generous.  I ran out the door.

I woke up at 8 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Many citizens of the ROK are upset with President Obama.  He's on the verge of giving Japan permission to form an army for protection against China.  However, the Koreans are former slaves of the Imperial Empire.  The last thing they want is an antagonistic neighbor with a powerful military.

I turned on Fox News.  O'Reilly talked about black singers sending negative messages to black children.  He thinks the entertainment industry needs to tone it down a little bit.  I have no opinion.  I'm too old to really care.  Plus my kids aren't into rap music or heavy metal.  But I do know this.  Too many women are having babies out of wedlock.  Fathers have to start looking after their brood.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd.  God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Pink Floyd and Leonard Cohen have been my favorite music artists for decades...

    Good weekend, Smith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink Floyd is my all-time favorite. But the stuff can be depressing. Anyway, have a great weekend. Peace.

      Delete
  2. Mr. Smith, a great description of being ground down.

    I get caught in the crossfire between my Thai wife and 2 kids with their studies vs. video games. At times, I get tired of being "the happy clown" and trying to mediate and lift both sides' spirits.

    Steve in Topeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, I feel your pain. Good luck.

      Delete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otJY2HvW3Bw

    best, Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Many citizens of the ROK are upset with President Obama. He's on the verge of giving Japan permission to form an army for protection against China."

    "permission". pardon me while i expel a lung. policing the world, manifest destiny, "we know better than you"... classic imperial overreach, the canary in the coal mine, the death knell of empire. oh well, it was fun while it lasted, so long as you're on the butt end of the gun. but seriously, who the fuck are u.s./nato to say what japan (afghanistan, iraq, iran, egypt, syria, ukraine...) can and cannot do in their own interest? "team america" is a hilarious film on this subject if you haven't seen it.

    i'm a big pink floyd fan as well. you might like "secret machines" as they are heavily influenced by p.f., but a slightly harder sound.

    my best to you and yours, mr. smith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happens if you get your ass kicked during war. The victors get to declare terms.

      I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan. I'll check out the group you mentioned.

      All the best.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.