Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thursday

(The Following is pretty good.)

Yesterday, I ate spicy pork and white rice for dinner.  The Dragon Lady had to work late, so I cooked the meal myself.  I'm quite a gifted chef.  The Children of the Rice love my food.  I'm partial to spice.  We washed our vittles down with several glasses of Coke.  Sugary soft drinks make poor old Smith glow with joy.

I'm still feeling quite poor.  This cold will be the death of me.  I relaxed in bed and watched The Following.  The series stars Kevin Bacon as an alcoholic FBI agent named Ryan Hardy.  This unfortunate drunkard is being tortured by a demented serial killer who adores Edgar Allen Poe.  The show is quite bloody.  I enjoy witnessing violent conflict.  Maybe I'm a pig.

I paid homage to Christ.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  It's not like I'm some filthy nihilist.  I asked Jesus to restore my health.  I also asked him to transform my pagan wife into a kind and generous person.  Anything is possible with God.  But this miracle could take decades, so I'm not holding my breath.

I went to sleep at 10 p.m.  I had a nightmare about driving a truck.  I was fired from the job, and subsequently took to trimming hedges.  However, the neighbors weren't happy with my performance and accused me of ripping them off.  Do yourself a favor.  Log your dreams.  The stuff that goes through your head at night is pretty wild.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  A woman in Seoul was arrested for beating her 8-year-old stepdaughter to death.  The victim's older sister also played a part in the crime, helping her twisted mother kick the innocent girl into oblivion.  We live in a fallen world.

I turned on Fox News.  A kid in Pennsylvania went off the deep end.  He stabbed twenty-two of his fellow classmates.  Four of them had to be airlifted to a hospital.  The vice principal is the one who stopped the carnage.  Good for him.  The world is in desperate need of brave men willing to risk their lives for the common good.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Tuesday Afternoon by The Moody Blues.  God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Hows the dog doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog is in a kennel until Sunday. But she seems to be in good spirits.

      Delete
  2. Hey smith I find interesting that a lot of people watch violent shows like the following and they enjoy it , but then they look at the world and think it's really bad , this is a very interesting psychological tidbit what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, John, I try not to think. It hurts my head too much. I just want to eat pastry and watch television. Peace.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.