Saturday, April 5, 2014

Saturday

Yesterday, my youngest son Bluce went to a pet store.  He was startled by some poodles and fell off a chair.  The poor kid busted his mouth wide open.  We immediately rushed him to the emergency room.  I had to hold him down while the doctor stitched him up.  He cried and cried and cried.  It was all very heartbreaking.

We didn't get home till 11 p.m.  The weather was terrible.  Damp, windy, and chilly.  I ate chicken noodle soup for dinner.  I'm still suffering from a horrible cold.  I feel terrible.  Perhaps I've contracted viral meningitis.  I'm displaying some of the symptoms.  Poor old Smith isn't long for this world.  Enjoy me while you can.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  It's not like I'm some filthy atheist.  I begged Jesus to give me a couple of days for relaxation.  I'm physically and emotionally tired.  All the drama is wearing me to the bone.  I'm a small amount of gravy spread thinly over ten pounds of potatoes.

I went to bed at midnight.  I had another nightmare.  Recording my dreams is turning out to be a hoot.  I was on a plane eating peanuts and drinking gin.  I sat next to President Obama.  He told me that he was against gay marriage.  He also said that homosexuals should be put to the sword for their crimes against nature.  I couldn't believe my ears.

I woke up at 11 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while going to the bathroom.  David Letterman will retire in 2015.  His announcement makes me feel old.  I had just started high school when his career in late-night entertainment began.  That was over thirty years ago.  

I turned on Fox News.  O'Reilly is upset because a high school in West Virginia was forced to take down a portrait of Jesus Christ.  Listen.  I'm a fanatic.  But I want to keep religion out of our public institutions.  Why?  There's no way in hell that I want the government pushing Islam or Buddhism down my throat.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Hunger Strike by Temple of the Dog.  God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Good song choice smith great album too, sorry to hear about your son what's that saying? What doesn't kill you will make you stronger, hope he fares ok thru the healing process. Look for some echinacea extract and some ginger root , should help knock your cold out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's doing fine. But his lips are still pretty swollen.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.