Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday

(Rand Paul will never be president in 2016.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady made ginseng chicken for dinner.  I was quite pleased.  Usually, she just throws me scraps of meat as if I were the family dog.  I washed the vittles down with genuine Coke.  Talk about a treat.  For the most part, I'm only allowed to drink generic cola.  Her psychiatrist must be feeding her wonderful drugs.  Kudos to modern medicine.

I downloaded a show called Strain.  It's a series concerning vampires. The leading monster spreads his affliction like a virus. I'm not too crazy about the program.  I prefer my vampires to be aristocratic serial killers with heaps and heaps of sexual problems. Writers who break the traditional mold are clearly sacrilegious. They should all be cornholed and shot at the break of dawn.  So let it be written, so let it be done.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy nihilist.  I went to sleep at 10 p.m. and had another nightmare.  I was back in high school, and I couldn't find my homework.  Later, I walked to the school's basement and ate some foul-tasting cherry pie.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Manchester United drubbed the Los Angeles Galaxy 7-0 in a friendly soccer match. Wayne Rooney scored two goals.  I'm an American, so I don't know much about European football.  But I enjoy going to a game from time to time.

I turned on Fox News.  Bill O'Reilly thinks that Rand Paul's isolationist views on foreign policy will hurt his chances for president.  The republicans are doomed in 2016 no matter who gets the nomination.  The party is just too mean-spirited for the people. They place capital above Jesus Christ.  They frequently demonize the poor. They treat minorities and homosexuals in a most discourteous fashion.  And they even bully children coming to America for a better life.  The republicans have no heart.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Forever in Blue Jeans by Neil Diamond.  God bless.     

8 comments:

  1. You drop us some tantalising hints, Mr. Smith. "Her psychiatrist" eh? It's good that she's willing to seek help to change her behaviour and mindset. I gather she was not happy. Cheers to her, and you, for being willing to think differently.

    One of the main reasons why my two Xwives dumped me is that THEY were not willing to change. It was ME, and the rest of the world, that they were seeking to force into changing to what suited THEM. Only, life doesn't work like that. I did what I was told, grudgingly. (And I wasn't even doing anything awful, like being a drunk/druggie, cheating on them, being violent, financially irresponsible, unemployed, not doing housework, etc. I even put the toilet seat down!) Mere obedience was not what they wanted. It was not enough for Bukkston Smith to go through the motions -- he had to LOVE Big Sister, with no crimethink in his heart. They thought they knew it all, and had no need to alter their own mindsets. They were both desperately unhappy (the first X had a stint in a mental hospital long after we split because she got addicted to sleeping meds; I expect to one day get word that the second X has finally committed suicide.) Myself, while I don't say that everything in my life is perfect, I'm as happy as a pig in shit.

    Here's hoping that your DL is not so rigid in her head that she can't take a different tack. You've done it with the drinking. She should follow your lead.

    P.S. Eating foul-tasting cherry pie? You don't need to be Sigmund Freud to know what THAT symbolises...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not that bright. What does it symbolize?

      Delete
    2. Poooo-say, Mr. Smith! Guys raised in the American lexicon think about popping a girl's cherry. A slice of cherry pie is triangular with tan on the outer edges (the crust) surrounding a red centre. Same colour scheme layout as a... And then there's the taste issue of your dream. As an outside observer, that's what the symbolism says to me. However, it's your dream, driven by your emotions, so you are more qualified to interpret it than I. Just my 2 cents worth of opinion from the peanut gallery.

      Delete
    3. Cherry Pie equals lady parts. Of course. I just wasn't thinking clearly. Thanks for helping me out.

      Delete
  2. Don't mean to nit pick, but you complain about your overweight son while you eat at dunkin donuts, burger king, drink soda, and regularly indulge in television. Instead of asking Jesus for help, you can look inwards on how you can set a positive example

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. I'm guilty as charged.

      Delete
  3. so does that mean no more "cherry pie"? hehe best, Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you've come back, Jay. I'm glad you found me again. Peace.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.