Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wednesday

(Homeplus Cola is my beverage of choice.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady made shrimp fajitas for dinner.  The meal was delicious.  My wife is the shrimp fajita queen.  The food was so hot that my tongue began to burn.  But that's OK.  I love spicy fare.  I washed the vittles down with several large glasses of Homeplus Cola.  The experience was heavenly.  Carbonated beverages bring me much joy. 

I watched season two of The Tudors.  It's a Showtime original series about King Henry.  I've seen it a million times.  Sir Thomas Moore is against the notion of divorce.  And he knows his stance might cost him his life.  He talks with his daughter about martyrdom.  She hugs her father tightly and cries hysterically.  Fifteen minutes later, Thomas burns a Lutheran alive at the stake.  My sympathy immediately flew out the window.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty atheist.  I've been reading The History of the Church by Eusebius.  He claims that Jesus wrote a letter to a man named King Abgar before the crucifixion.  Jesus's prose is both calm and spooky.  You can find the correspondence by using Google.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had a nightmare.  I drove along a dangerous dark overpass at a high rate of speed.  I lost control of the vehicle and fell into a river.  The end.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  The police found the body of Yoo Byung-eun.  He's the gentleman who owned the Sewol ferry and was the subject of a massive manhunt. The authorities suspect suicide.

I turned on Fox News.  A general in the United States Marine Corps named James Amos publicly insulted President Obama concerning Iraq.  America is controlled by civilians, not the military. Therefore, soldiers should follow orders and keep their mouths shut.  This marine needs to resign his commission as soon as possible.  His lack of manners is nothing short of disgraceful.  He should know better.

Anyway, it's time for the song du jour.  Here's Kid Charlemagne by Steely Dan.  God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Mr Smith! I just caught up with you yesterday but I couldn't post because I was overwhelmed with giddiness at your return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. They are much appreciated. Peace.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.