Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday

(Broadchurch is limey drama at its best.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady served beef and rice for dinner.  The meal wasn't very good.  I'm not a big fan of rice.  Later, we ate pecan pie for desert.  Sugar makes me fat and happy.  I washed the vittles down with several glasses of generic cola.  I don't miss drinking alcohol.  But I certainly long for a cigarette every now and again.

I downloaded a show called Broadchurch.  It came highly recommended by one of my limey readers.  Usually, I stay away from English drama.  I don't feel sophisticated enough to handle all that highly-intellectual wit.  This time, however, I rolled the dice and took my chances.  I wasn't disappointed.  

The series centers on the murder of an eleven-year-old boy.  The protagonist is a grizzled kilt-wearing sheep-shagger from the Scottish highlands.  He botched up his last investigation, and he's desperately searching for redemption.  Don't be afraid to give Broadchurch a try.  You'll get used to the funny accents.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty misanthrope.  I asked Jesus to let me live for another twenty years.  I need the time to give my boys a good start in life.  After that, He's free to zap me with ass cancer.

I went to bed at midnight.  I had a strange dream.  I met an old buddy at a wedding.  He was extremely angry and kept calling me a motherfucker.  He even tried to slap me across the face.  Suddenly, I hugged him and apologized.  We instantly became the best of friends.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  The MLS All-Stars beat Bayern Munich 2-1.  Munich won Champions League a couple years back.  Aren Robben is one of Bayern's top players.  American soccer keeps getting better and better.

I turned on Fox News.  The Muslim nut-jobs who comprise ISIS have trapped 40,000 Iraqis on a mountainside.  These twisted men of God believe their enemies are satanists and wish to wipe them off the face of the earth for crimes against Allah.  Trust me.  Islam will eventually be our complete destruction.

Anyway, it's time to don our tinfoil hats.  Here's Gary Null badmouthing Israel with guest Gerald Celente.  

Cheers.

6 comments:

  1. not even ONE comment...I think they are just busy with the kids this summer Sir. Let me leave this one blessing for you.
    Three Cheers,
    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking of me.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. don't fret Smith, even though there are no comments we are watching and reading. You are a breath of fresh air in my world. best, Jay

    my mentor told me once when I wake up in the morning I know that that is the BEST I am going to feel all day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good article....Thks for Broadchurch, i'm gonna check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.