Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday

(The Killing is dark and sombre.)

Yesterday, I walked five miles to church.  I need the exercise.  I have a cheeseburger ass.  My youngest child Bluce is only six-years-old.  So I have to survive for the next two decades--which means no cigarettes, no booze, and no fun.  

Church was the same-old same-old.  The praise team sang for over thirty minutes.  That's way too long to remain standing.  My poor tootsies were crying out in pain.  The hymns were followed by a brief sermon.  Finally, we ate the bread and drank the wine.  The end.

I returned with my family to our Soviet-style concrete apartment.  I downloaded a show called The Killing.  It's sombre, dark, and well-written.  A family is slaughtered in their suburban Seattle home.  The murderer even refuses to spare the children.  Local police suspect the eldest son.  I'm only on episode three.  I'll let you know what transpires.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy atheist.  I thanked Jesus for the rain.  The weather's still hot and humid.  But at least it's now somewhat bearable.  Winter's right around the corner.  Soon I'll be bitching about the cold.

I went to bed at midnight.  I had a strange dream.  I met a woman who was a public relations manager.  We discussed her job at an empty baseball stadium.  I hired the lady to restore my reputation.  She told me not to worry.  Everything was going to be OK.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Manchester United and Real Madrid played a friendly in Michigan.  110,000 people showed up to watch the match.  The game set a new American attendance record.  Maybe soccer is gaining acceptance in the United States.  Stranger things have happened.

I turned on Fox News.  Judge Jeanine interviewed a priest from Iraq.  Christians in the town of Mosul are currently being brutalized by ISIS thugs.  They've been given four options--convert to Islam, pay a hefty fine, leave the region, or be put to death.  Many are deserting their homes and fleeing to Kurdistan.

Anyway, it's time to don our tinfoil hats.  Here's Peter Schiff discussing the future financial collapse.  God bless. 

13 comments:

  1. welcome to the dark side, Smith. Yea who enter ZH abandon all hope....best Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The conspiracy guys probably have it right. The world is going to hell in a hand-basket.

      Delete
  2. I just finished what has been one of the best TV shows I've seen. Broadchurch, might be a bit hard to watch as a parent of a son but it's not graphic. Britain is getting it's act together to make world class drama again. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2249364/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Broadchurch. I'll give it a try. I'm always looking for new entertainment. Cheers.

      Delete
    2. Broadchurch. I downloaded the first two episodes. I enjoyed them. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
    3. Try The Fall with Gillian Anderson. More top notch BBC TV.

      Benje

      Delete
    4. I'll give it a try. But first I have to find the torrent.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Hope is non-existent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more of a glass-half-full kind of guy. But I've often been accused of being retarded. My advice? Do the best you can to be a good person, and try to avoid intoxicants and sharp objects. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw, I think it is possible that Rand Paul will be elected president. He is the only peace candidate, a popular stance to take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rand has no shot. The republicans come across as too mean-spirited and bitter. Look. As we speak, they are busy bullying children.

      Delete
  6. Hillary also comes across as totally unlikeable. She couldn't even beat Obama. Who does have a shot, in your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little too early to tell. But I'm guessing a surprise candidate will crawl out of the woodwork. Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.