Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday

(The Nexen Heroes will probably win the title.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady served beef and rice for dinner.  The meal wasn't very good.  I'm not a huge fan of rice.  But I didn't complain.  I just smiled and ate my vittles like a happy retarded child.  I'm wonderful that way.  I washed the food down with a tall glass of generic cola.  Carbonated beverages bring me great pleasure.

I watched baseball on the tube.  The Samsung Lions hosted the Hanwha Eagles in the city of Daegu.  Samsung won the contest 4-0.  The Lions are the reigning champions.  That's why I support the team.  I always go with the winner.  Lately, however, the squad hasn't been doing well.  In fact, they recently dropped five games in a row.  Nexen will probably take the title in October.  So I might have to reevaluate my allegiance when November rolls around.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy pagan.  I asked Jesus to put some spark back in my marriage.  I've been with my wife for over fifteen years.  And we're now tired of looking at each other.  She feeds me bacon every day hoping that I'll keel over from a heart attack.  But it will take more than pork to stop a stud like me.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while taking a bathroom break.  South Koreans are the worst drivers in the entire civilized world.  Therefore, the government will try to cut accidents by half over a four year time period.  The powers-that-be want more traffic cops monitoring the peninsula's highways.  I don't have a solution.  Yet something has to be done.  I almost got squashed by a bus this morning.  The madness must finally come to an end.

I turned on Fox News.  Fast-food workers in America are currently on strike in several cities.  They're asking their fellow countrymen to boycott the entire industry for a week.  These hard working folk are demanding fifteen dollars an hour.  I believe in their cause.  Now that manufacturing has shit the bed, Americans need to earn a living wage at other jobs.

Anyway, it's time to don our tinfoil hats.  Here's Peter Schiff discussing the state of the world with Ron Paul.

God bless.  

4 comments:

  1. I had a few near misses today, Chusok makes people crazy drivers. I'm glad I'm staying away from all of it and staying home. James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Koreans are nutty drivers. Be careful.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Looking at the logo on top of this post, which is in English, made me wonder: the baseball commentators on the TV describe the action in Korean, right? And you've mentioned you're not fluent in that language. How does that affect your sports-watching experience vs. seeing a standard American MLB game? It must be like pure visual, only focussing on the action, lacking any explanation. But in a statistics-driven sport such as baseball, it's helpful to know that Batter So-and-So (or Cho-in-Cho in Korean terms) has a .362 average against right-handers and is .211 vs. lefties, so the opposing manager is warming up a southpaw in the bullpen, etc. Are you kinda "watching blind" Mr. Smith? Do you play the games with the mute button on? Is it hard to differentiate between the various Korean players -- they all look alike, eh ?-) -- which is why you seem to pay the most attention to the Anglo ones? Are there many black baseballers amongst the allowable foreign contingent in the Korean league?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I speak enough to get buy. Plus I can read the language--somewhat.

      I usually watch the games while enjoying American drama on my computer.

      There are about five or six black players. One of Nexen's best pitchers is black. I think they'll win the title because they have a couple of monster home run boys.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.