Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday

(Park Byung-Ho has 47 home runs this year.)

Yesterday, I walked five miles to church.  No big deal.  I'm thirty pounds overweight, and I really need the exercise.  In fact, I often use my protruding stomach as a place to rest my hands.  My goal isn't to lose weight.  I'm merely trying to maintain my current girth so that I don't grow to the size of a Thanksgiving float.

The sermon was good.  The pastor talked about the Jesus Police.  These are the folk who feel it's their duty to keep the congregation in line by snooping on their neighbors.  Korean Christians tend to be very legalistic.  Most believe that drinkers and smokers are going straight to hell.  Luckily, I found a church which will accept nicotine-addicted alcoholics.  Amen to that.

I took the family for lunch.  We had pizza.  I washed the vittles down with a large glass of actual Coca-Cola.  It felt like my birthday.  Then we returned to our Soviet-style concrete apartment. My humble abode has a lot of personality.  The building resembles an old deserted mental hospital.  The outside is stained with dark streaks of dirt and mildew.  But the inside is clean, sunny, and beautiful. 

I watched baseball on the tube.  The Nexen Heroes hosted the Lotte Giants in the city of Seoul.  Nexen won the game 7-6.  Park Byung-Ho hit another monster home run.  He now leads the league with 47.  Park needs nine more to break the single-season Korean record.  Lee Seung-Yeop, who currently plays for Samsung, hit 56 back in 2003.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some dirty pagan.  I thanked Jesus for my good fortune.  I have two healthy sons who will carry on the family name.  Plus I can afford to throw a little bit of meat into the family soup bowl from time to time.  Things could be much worse.  At least I wasn't born in Liberia.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  The ROK hired a German to manage their national soccer team.  I don't think that the change in leadership will help.  Koreans are very busy people.  They seldom lend much support to their domestic football league.

I turned on Fox News.  Brent Baer hosted a special on Benghazi.  He says that the inaction of the current administration is responsible for the deaths of three American citizens.  Bullshit.  The world was such a better place when Saddam and Qaddafi had power.  They were secular fascists who kept the Islamic troublemakers in line.  I couldn't give a flying screw about democracy in the Middle East.  I just want peace and stability.

Anyway, let's don our tinfoil hats.  Here's Harry Dent discussing the markets.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.