Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tuesday

(The Saints are 0-2.  But I still have faith.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady made barbecue ribs for dinner.  The meal was good.  My family eats a lot of pork.  Unfortunately, beef's a little out of our price range.  But that's OK.  Things could be much worse.  I'm just glad that I wasn't born in Djibouti.  I washed the meal down with a large glass of generic cola.  The experience was heavenly.

I downloaded the Saints game.  They lost by less than a field goal.  Their defense looked quite porous to say the least.  The lowly Cleveland Browns lit them up as if they were a pinball machine.  However, poor old Smith still has faith.  Drew Brees is a talented man.  He'll get the team back into the playoffs.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy nihilist.  I asked Jesus for the strength to love my neighbors.  Sometimes, I'm a mean-spirited asshole.  Who isn't?  Yet bitterness and hate are emotional diseases which can literally give you a heart attack.  Exorcising these wrathful demons is essential for a healthy life.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Korea will not send troops to the Middle East to fight ISIS.  The ROK's afraid of angering the Islamic horde.  However, the government will offer humanitarian support to the victims of Muslim rage.  So Uncle Sam in on his own once again.

I turned on Fox News.  The Minnesota Vikings have decided to reinstate running back Adrian Peterson.  He'll play next week against the New Orleans Saints.  This decision is beyond all comprehension.  Mr. Peterson beat a four-year-old child with a tree branch, leaving deep physical scars.  I'm truly at a loss for words.

Anyway, let's turn to happier thoughts.  Here's Peter Schiff discussing the upcoming financial holocaust.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.