Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wednesday

(Ray Rice got fired from his job for domestic abuse.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady made pizza for dinner.  She cooked the pie completely from scratch.  The meal was absolutely delicious.  My wife's a talented woman.  But her endless desire for perfection will one day be her undoing.  She's a real Asian go-getter who never learned how to relax.  I washed the vittles down with a large glass of generic cola.  I'm a broke dead dick, so I only drink the off-brands.

I downloaded the first four seasons of Nurse Jackie.  Edie Falco plays the title role.  The show is quite good.  Yet I always feel slightly depressed after each episode.  Here's an example of the soul-destroying content.  A middle-aged woman enters the emergency room suffering from lupus.  She lives with her ten-year-old daughter in an inner-city tenement, and they can't afford the proper medicine.  Jackie steals it from the hospital to lend a helping hand.  You get the idea.  All the characters are down-and-out.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big deal.  I'm not some dirty misanthrope.  I asked Jesus to help my eldest son James-uh control his temper.  The boy is now cussing like a truck driver.  His mother often scolds his bad behavior. Yet he's completely unfazed.  He's tired of her endless bullshit.  Or so he says.  In the future, I hope they can have a nice relationship.  I could really use the peace.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had another dream concerning my dead father.  We drove in silence down a deserted highway.  Suddenly, he turned his head in my direction and told me not to use drugs.  He claimed that drugs had killed his dad.  My grandfather actually died of lung cancer more than forty-years ago.  He was never a hop-head.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank several cups of coffee.  Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  The Asian Games are right around the corner.  The Koreans are expected to do well in both football and baseball.  They also supposedly excel in a sport called soft tennis.  I have no idea what that is.

I turned on Fox News.  Ray Rice got fired from the Baltimore Ravens for knocking out his wife in an Atlantic City elevator.  Maybe I'm a caveman.  But the penalty is far too harsh.  She spit on Mr. Rice and attempted to hit him with her fists.  He had every right in the world to defend himself.  Perhaps he used too much force.  But having a vagina doesn't give a female the right to act in a violent fashion.  I know one thing for sure.  She'll never spit on him again.

Anyway, let's don our tinfoil hats.  Here's John Williams predicting a hyper-inflationary depression.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. my wife has Lupus, she was on deaths door in her twenties but she recovered to stable as she is today. A big part of that was from a guy who prayed for healing for her an American guy who was a regular visiter to Korea. She's stable now just gets tired if she gets up too early. James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad your wife is doing well. My neighbor in America had lupus. She had great insurance. Her husband had a good job.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Hey Mr. Smith,

    I haven't checked in for awhile but read your every blog post.

    Thanks a lot for having it. My opinion is that you have signs of hope for your family (except maybe for the Dragon Lady who might never change).

    Cheers,
    Steve in Topeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Steve.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Re: your grandfather -- need I remind you that nicotine is a drug; a highly addictive one at that? And it's the addictive quality of that drug that led your grandfather to constantly inhale the pollutants that gave him lung cancer. So your dream-dad was mostly right.

    I reckon the symbolism of that dream is your inner good sense, your super-ego in Freudian terms, reminding you to stay off the eviller weed. And booze too, if you can't stop once you've started, and it tends to go too far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could be right. I used to hit the booze and cigs pretty hard.

      Cheers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.