Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday

(Dustin Nippert is the highest paid player in the KBO.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady prepared chicken sandwiches for dinner.  The meal was good.  She smothered the meat in spicy barbecue sauce and served it on hot dog buns.  I washed the vittles down with several glasses of generic cola.  I'm a huge fan of carbonated beverages.  The bubbles bring me joy.

I watched the Samsung Lions defeat the Doosan Bears 6 to 1.  The pitcher for Doosan was Dustin Nippert.  Dustin used to pitch in America, but things didn't work out.  No matter.  He currently earns $1,500,000 a year, making him the highest paid player in Korea.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had a dream about my oldest son James-uh.  I kept calling him a knucklehead.  I can't remember his sin.  Sadly, this nightmare is certainly not shocking.  That child doesn't have a lick of common sense.  He drives me bat-shit crazy in real life, and now he haunts my sleep as well.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I refuse to live like some filthy atheist.  My life is gradually winding down.  Even my bones are beginning to ache with age and weariness.  So a relationship with the Living God is a soothing balm.

I woke up and 6 a.m. and turned on Fox News.  The Five discussed a gruesome murder in Washington D.C.  The killer showed zero mercy.  He even butchered a young boy while the child's parents helplessly watched.  I'm against the death penalty.  But scum like this should be pushed off a cliff.  So let it be written, so let it be done.

I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  There have been three reported cases of MERS in Seoul.  MERS is a Middle Eastern strain of influenza which boasts a 40% kill rate.  Great.  Something else to worry about.  The drama never ends.

Anyway, it's time for the song of the day.  Here's What's This Life For by Creed.  God Bless.

4 comments:

  1. As the standards of civilisation decline further in the U.S., I reckon that prison officials will start letting other prisoners carry out de facto death sentences against their more noxious (cell) mates. Someone's a paedo, or a notorious murderer, or just a pain in the arse to the priz admin? Stick 'em in a cell where there's a prisoner death squad operating. It would work especially well by tossing someone of a different ethnic/gang background in with inmates of a rival colour.

    Who's going to cause any trouble if hundreds of prisoners start getting murdered by other prisoners every year? The boot-licking corporate media? Is Fox going to have a crusading investigative series about why so many murderers are being murdered by other murderers? Fat freakin' chance. Some do-gooder group like The Innocence Project? As trouble mounts in American society, they're not going to be listened to any more than the hundreds of thousands of people (like me) who went on protest marches against the war on Iraq. Lawsuits? The law is a tool that the weak can use against the powerful. As long as the powerful are willing to play by some set of rules. If the powerful don't give a shit about any rules, the "rule of law" is a joke. Like it is with laws pertaining to bankmaggots.

    Remember Jeffrey Dahmer, the Wisconsin cannibal? He got whacked in prison (literally) that way. I read an interview in Salon.com with the guy who beat Dahmer to death with barbells in the prison gym. He said the guards set it up so it could happen that way. Dahmer was a sick, squirrely fuck in prison, doing things like shaping arms and legs with is mashed potatoes and waving them in other prisoners' faces, saying "I'm going to eat this leg now!" He had been in protective custody, but the guards put him on a cleaning detail with the guy who killed Dahmer. He was known to have a bone to pick with the flesh-eating freak. Then the guards made themselves absent for a bit. Just long enough for the dude to bash Dahmer's skull in. He also killed another guy on the cleaning detail at the same time -- I forget what his rationale was, aside from the fact that the killer was a violent schizo. Look for more of that sort of thing in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that guards often sick ass-bandits on the prisoners they don't like. I suppose that kind of stuff happens quite a bit. I wouldn't last a second in prison. I'm far too adorable. Ha, ha, ha.

      Delete
  2. Great to see you back Smith..........

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.