Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thursday

(Alfredo Figaro pitches for Samsung.)

Yesterday, I ate apple pie for dinner.  The meal was delicious.  My wife bought the pie at Costco for thirteen dollars.  I washed it down with several glasses of generic cola.  I shouldn't splurge.  I'm officially classified as morbidly obese by the local medical community.  Sadly, Poor old Smith is living on borrowed time.  Oh well.  What's a boy to do?

I watched baseball.  The Samsung Lions defeated the Doosan Bears 25 to 6.  The winning pitcher was Alfredo Figaro.  He's from the Dominican Republic.  Mr. Figaro makes $600,000 a year.  That's great money.  I wish that I could throw a curve ball.  Baseball is great for stress.  I get lost in the sport.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  Nihilism doesn't float my boat.  I'm a Christian for selfish reasons.  Having a relationship with the Living God just makes me feel better.  Jesus is a bright beacon on a cold dark night.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I had a strange dream about my Oscar fish.  Bluce and I watched them devour many large gold fish with their razor-sharp teeth.  Scales were flying all over the fish tank, and the water was stained red with lots of blood.  Bluce laughed and laughed and laughed.

I woke up at 6 a.m. and turned on Fox News.  The Five discussed Clinton's email scandal.  I'm not good at predicting political winners and losers.  However, I just can't see Hillary earning the nomination.  Even liberals despise her.  Elizabeth Warren will eventually throw her hat in the ring.  But what do I know?

I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  Ryu Hyun-Jin is out for the season.  His departure is a huge blow to the Los Angeles Dodgers.  Ryu was a solid third in the starting rotation.  The Dodgers might very well be screwed in their race for the pennant.

Anyway, it's time for the song of the day.  Here's Hurdy Gurdy Man by Donovan.  God bless.   

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Where'd you come from? I reckoned that if you ever returned to blogging, I'd see you whoring this joint in the comments at ZH. Although I don't read them much any more. The Tylers' posts, yeah, but the comments are ever more revolting. I work with a lot of paranoid schizophrenics, and even most of them aren't as sick as the "everything is a double-reverse false-flag conspiracy by the same Joos who faked the Moon Landing."

    Mr. Smith, two days ago I bought a Philips Air Fryer, which I never would have done except for you. I've been tracking the price on those things since before Christmas, figuring it would come down because of oversupply. The Target store in downtown Melbourne had stacks of them, and just after Dec. 25 they got as low as $149. Back up to the regular $199 retail after Jan. 1, though. An Aussie chain called "The Good Guys" (like this continent's Best Buy) sold me one for $190 cash, and Philips will rebate me $30 when I send in the proof of purchase, so I went for it. I've been dreaming of making hot chips for a while now, so why not?

    Now I'm in the "Let's see what I can throw in there" phase. So far, I've done one batch of thick fries from a store-brand frozen bag. They turned out OK, but I'll do them for an extra one or two minutes next time. I went to a big Vietnamese supermarket in a town full of Asian immigrants after a shift at the youth psych ward there yesterday and bought several varieties of dumplings. They came out a bit hard, even after I brushed the second batch with sesame oil.

    The best thing was a Maltese food called pastizzi, which are kind of like ravioli in filo dough. The Air Fryer makes those magnificently puffy and crisp. There's a couple Maltese bakeries in the region that make many varieties of those things and sell them frozen by the dozen. I'm gonna go wild with them in the fryer. Plus I intend to do some of the recipes in the Philips book like the croquettes. Am I a fag for doing that? I don't think so -- I just like to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my air-fryer, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Some men fight in cages, and others cook pastry. I belong to the latter group. Welcome to the club.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.