Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wednesday

(Game of Thrones never fails to keep me entertained.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady served the same old slop.  That's right.  Pork and rice.  The poor woman hates me.  And who can blame her?  We've been together for 16 years, and she's just sick and tired of looking at my ugly face.  I didn't complain.  I ate every last morsel, then washed the meal down with several glasses of generic cola.  I remain an optimist.  Things could be much worse.  At least I wasn't born in Chad.

I watched Game of Thrones.  Sansa Stark is brutally raped by Roose Bolton.  To add insult to injury, Theon Greyjoy is forced to watch the obscene spectacle from the corner of the bridal chamber.  I love Game of Thrones.  I've never missed an episode.  People often complain that the show has no sense of decorum.  But piss on all the puritanical nay-sayers.  Those righteous pilgrims should view the Disney Channel and leave the adults alone.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy nihilist.  I prayed for the continued good health of my family.  I try not to bother Jesus with crazy requests.  I've come to grips with the fact that the Children of the Rice will never make it into Harvard.  So what's a daddy to do?  Jump out a window?  I think not.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 8 a.m. and turned on Fox News.  The Five discussed the fall of Ramadi to ISIS.  They blamed the grim situation in Iraq on Obama.  I'm not a big supporter of this current president.  Never have been.  But he inherited this mess in the Middle East.  Iraq is now an Iranian puppet-state.  Plain and simple.  And it's our own damn fault.  We should have never removed Saddam from power.  I actually miss the crazy bastard.

I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break.  College graduates in Korea are having a difficult time finding employment.  Many are working in menial jobs to make ends meet.  There's a huge wage-gap on the peninsula.  The rich are getting richer while the poor fall deeper into economic oblivion.  This problem seems to be global.  I fear a gradual resurgence of Marxism.  But what do I know?

Anyway, it's time for the song of the day.  Here's Thank You by Led Zeppelin.  God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you back Mr. Smith.

    Keep chuggin' along.

    Mr. Benge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, brother.

      I'll do my best.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.